Not all full time missionaries are listed from Ward

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
jspector

Not all full time missionaries are listed from Ward

Post by jspector »

We have a Ward that has three Missionaries in the field, but only two show up in LDS Tools under the "Serving" tab. The otherr Wards seem OK, but it is just this one Sister in one Ward not showing. Yes, I did sync and she has been out a while.

Thanks,
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Not all full time missionaries are listed from Ward

Post by russellhltn »

When you say "the other wards are OK", are they able to show more than two? A couple of thought there: there's a few different ward settings for a missionary. One of them is the financial responsibility. I'm not sure which one controls the "from". But I'm thinking there may be a situation with that one missionary that doesn't recognize her as being "from" that ward. She may have actually "left" from a YSA ward she was attending when she filled out her papers.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jspector

Post by jspector »

Thanks for the reply. When I looked at the Missionary Recommendation System, she is shown as "Entering the MTC" even though she has been there since the beginning of Oct. Her mission is foreign so she may not have left yet. But the other Sister is listed as "entered the Mission Field" and she doesn't report for 10 days, yet shows up in LDS Tools. I need to call HQ tomorrow.

BTW, the one not showing up is the daughter of the Bishop...
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

I noticed that for my daughters they showed up in LCR as soon as they went to the MTC, but they didn't show up in LDS Tools until they left the MTC.
jspector

Post by jspector »

That would make sense but we have a sister showing up who hadn't even reported yet.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

As russellhltn posted there are four units identified for a missionary. You can check MORS to see if your unit is one of those four. If so you should see a link, "Other Units" to the right side of the page that identifies those units. The unit identified as the membership unit will show the serving missionary on the LDS.org Directory as a serving missionary. I believe those same missionaries will be also be displayed in LCR > Organizations > Full-Time Missionaries and in LDS Tools > Missionary > Serving. The unit with the missionary's record will be the unit identified as the "membership unit".

There is a tool tip link, "(List Incorrect?)", in the LDS.org Directory just below the Serving Missionaries title that provides this tip:
List Incorrect?

You may notice missionaries missing, or who do not belong in your unit, in the Serving Missionaries list. This is common if the family has changed units since the missionary was called. You can work with your clerk to help the Missionary Department correct this. Your clerk can contact the Missionary Department at 801-240-2222.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jspector

Post by jspector »

It turns out, she left the MTC this past Monday and showed up on the app that day. So that appears to be the criteria.

Thanks to all for your help

Return to “Android Member Tools App”