Finding my own personal ordinance data?

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
theokester

Finding my own personal ordinance data?

Post by theokester »

I apologize if this is asked somewhere else or if there's a better place to ask this question.

I am trying to find a location online where it lists the personal ordinance information for the logged on user? For example, if I logon as myself, where can I go to view my baptism/confirmation/etc. dates and information?

I am asking for a ward member who is trying to find that information. I know that they could contact the ward clerk and get it from them. I also found that if I use my lds tools app I can look under my household and expand the "membership information" panel for myself to see that info. However, this person can't get lds tools onto their phone so their only option is on the full lds.org website. My best guess was in the directory of lds.org since the household list mimics what's in lds tools but I don't see an option to view membership information there.

Can someone please help point us in the right direction? (Worst case, I could logout of my account on my lds tools and have them logon with their account and sync but we're doing this over the phone so they'd have to verbally give me the password which I'm not sure they'd want to do for security reasons).

Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Finding my own personal ordinance data?

Post by russellhltn »

The only place I know of is in LDS Tools. I'm unaware of anything like that on the web that's available to non-leaders.

You didn't say why they couldn't get LDS Tools on their phone - if it's because their LDS Account doesn't have their MRN, then they're in a Catch 22 as there is absolutely no way to see anything about yourself without your MRN on your account.

The best route is to have the member ask the clerk for their IOS.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
theokester

Post by theokester »

Thanks Russell,

Yeah I've been unable to find anything as I wander around.

As far as getting the app on their phone it's because they have a non-smart phone. Just basic text/call tracfone style.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

russellhltn wrote:The best route is to have the member ask the clerk for their IOS.
I agree! The clerk can either print the IOS or create a PDF of the IOS and email it to the member. Not to be critical, but it seems odd that this forum is the first stop for such questions, rather than the clerk.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

drepouille wrote:Not to be critical, but it seems odd that this forum is the first stop for such questions, rather than the clerk.
That is an easy one. This forum is much more accessible than many ward clerks. It is always available. Most ward clerks, on the other hand, are not expected to stay at the Church 24/7. [grin]
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

At this point, I can do nearly every clerking task anywhere I am. There are only a few things remaining that require MLS.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”