recategorize donations not processed in the ward

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
whitnahd

recategorize donations not processed in the ward

Post by whitnahd »

we had a missionary couple return recently who were submitting funds outside the US. for a past donation, their full contribution went to the missionary fund, but some should have gone to tithing. the ward did not process the donation so I cannot simply go online and recategorize the donation. How do we correct this donation?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: recategorize donations not processed in the ward

Post by russellhltn »

I'd think they would have to contact the unit the donation was processed in.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
whitnahd

Post by whitnahd »

this was an overseas donation either processed there or some other arrangement. contacting the ward there isn't really possible...
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If it was processed overseas, then it's outside the reach of US system. Maybe contacting CHQ will do it, but there is no way you can do it in your ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
whitnahd

Post by whitnahd »

called CHQ and they said the bishop works with the stake president to reclassify or reassign or transfer from the missionary account to tithing. we'll see how they work it out I guess.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”