Searching annotations

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
deltanner

Searching annotations

Post by deltanner »

I've looked all over this board and I don't see the answer to this. Is there not a way to have the text of your annotations included in the search results? Or is there some other way to search annotations/notes? If i know i made a note about something at one point, but i don't know where, how would i go about finding it? I.e. If someone shared a thought on a scripture during a lesson, and i typed that into the notes for the verse, how could i go back and find it based on words i know i typed into the note?

Thanks!
corwinslack

Re: Searching annotations

Post by corwinslack »

Great suggestion!
sharirosenberg

Post by sharirosenberg »

Absolutely a great suggestion! This ability to search your own notes should be a high-priority update.
djdinut1

Post by djdinut1 »

I have submitted this request a dozen times over the last 2 years or so but have yet to see it as a priority. It is essential for me to be able to search the note annotations I've made in the scriptures. For example, when typing in "McConkie" in the search bar, I should see all my note annotations where I have entered a McConkie quote. Is this the ability to search note annotations not a priority?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Android Gospel Library was updated a couple of weeks ago with the ability to search personal notes (Android Gospel Library 4.3.0), and iOS Gospel Library should be receiving the same feature with an update tonight or tomorrow (iOS Gospel Library 4.2.0).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
djdinut1

Post by djdinut1 »

Excellent! Thank you! Great work.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”