Patriarchal Blessing broken

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
npickle1

Patriarchal Blessing broken

Post by npickle1 »

I have been trying to help my wife access her Patriarchal Blessing. I was able to request and access it under my account, however whenever I log into her account and go to the Patriarchal Blessing section I encounter a significant problem that I haven't been able to fix yet.

I click on the 'Request Blessing' button, and then the screen flashes, but nothing happens. I have been trying for months. I have tried on separate computers and from separate networks, but every time I try I encounter this issue.

Please help. My wife would really like to use this feature.

Thank you

Here is a screenshot of the way the Blessing section looks under my wife's account. (i have omitted account information)
http://imgur.com/nZ0gEN4
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Patriarchal Blessing broken

Post by russellhltn »

Is your wife able to log into "member only" areas like the ward directory or calendar? I'm wondering if she doesn't have a membership record number attached to her account, so the system is treating her like a non-member.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
npickle1

Post by npickle1 »

Ah. I tried to access ward directory and it said "access denied". So is there a way for me to connect her membership record to her lds account?
npickle1

Post by npickle1 »

Ok, I tried to connect her account to her member record number, but it says the MRN isn't correct or an account already exists. I am entering the MRN from her temple recommend. I guess it's listed wrong there?

I tried to recover her account using her MRN but it says there is no account by her number, so I'm guessing that the MRN is listed wrong?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

npickle1 wrote:Ok, I tried to connect her account to her member record number, but it says the MRN isn't correct or an account already exists. I am entering the MRN from her temple recommend. I guess it's listed wrong there?

I tried to recover her account using her MRN but it says there is no account by her number, so I'm guessing that the MRN is listed wrong?
Since you tried to recover using the MRN, then it's most likely wrong on the temple recommend.

Ask the membership clerk for a "IOS". That will list your membership number straight from the computer. If you have your tax/donation forms, it might be there as well.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
nsioli

Post by nsioli »

My last name was not pronounced properly during my patriarchal blessing nor is it spelt correctly on my patriarchal blessing paper. Would I need to get a new patriarchal blessing redone ?
bballrob

Post by bballrob »

nsioli wrote:My last name was not pronounced properly during my patriarchal blessing nor is it spelt correctly on my patriarchal blessing paper. Would I need to get a new patriarchal blessing redone ?
No.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

nsioli wrote:My last name was not pronounced properly during my patriarchal blessing nor is it spelt correctly on my patriarchal blessing paper. Would I need to get a new patriarchal blessing redone ?
The blessing does not need to be redone, but you could ask the patriarch to correct the spelling.

Return to “Church Account”