Please help me find a talk given by David O’McKay.

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
mikelhaskell

Please help me find a talk given by David O’McKay.

Post by mikelhaskell »

I remember listening to a recording of David O’McKay while serving my mission decades ago. I think it was a talk named “As a man thinketh”. He talked about how our thoughts however imperceptibly and small contributed to the gentle shaping of our souls. He mentioned that like statue of David was carved little by little by the artist’s hand and we do like wise to the shaping of our soul. It was the most amazing talk I ever listened to. Can anyone help me find it (in any form)?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Please help me find a talk given by David O’McKay.

Post by russellhltn »

This is about as close as I can get: Gospel Classics: Insights from President David O. McKay (1873–1970). You can listen to to read, but I didn't hear any one else speaking.

David O. McKay died in 1970, but gc.lds.org only goes back to 1971. So, I'm not sure where you're going to find it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Re: Please help me find a talk given by David O’McKay.

Post by mevans »

Take a look at this lesson from the David O. McKay manual:
https://www.lds.org/manual/teachings-da ... chapter-23

Look at the references. Maybe one of them point to the talk you're thinking about.
If you have an older building in your stake, you might dig up some of these referenced things in your meetinghouse library. Otherwise, maybe if you ever pass through Salt Lake City you can research some things at one of the church libraries (or maybe the BYU library).

Return to “Main Church Website”