RS Councilor no Access to LCR

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
jewerk

RS Councilor no Access to LCR

Post by jewerk »

Hello,

Our First Councilor in the Relief Society Presidency doesn't have access to LCR resources that she should. I'm wondering if there is something that we need to do to fix this. I checked and she is set up correctly on the organizational chart.

She did have her blessings restored at some point so would the membership number possibly have changed if the account was set up previously to that being done and is there something that we could do to link the account to the membership number if that is the case?

Thanks,

Kris Jewers
Ward Clerk
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: RS Councilor no Access to LCR

Post by russellhltn »

A couple of things: First, it can take about 24 hours for a change in calling to reflect in access rights.

Secondly, make sure the MRN on the LDS Account she's using is the same as the person holding that calling. (We've seen people try to use their spouse's accounts and then wonder why they have no access to their calling.) In this case, I'd make sure she even has a MRN listed. You might check to see if she can access the ward directory.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: RS Counselor no Access to LCR

Post by lajackson »

jewerk wrote:would the membership number possibly have changed
Not normally. As has been suggested, do make sure the correct number is attached to her LDS Account.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

And make sure her membership number is accurately entered for her LDS account. If she has used a handwritten source for her MRN (like from a temple recommend) it is possible the number was not written on the recommend correctly.
jewerk

Post by jewerk »

I was able to connect with the person in question and confirmed that the record number she has in account settings matched the record number in LCR, and that the in that same location it did have her calling as the Relief Society First Counselor. I also confirmed that there was no * by the calling in LCR just to make sure that wasn't the issue so she is assigned in the correct place. She has been in the calling since 2016 so I don't suspect the timing is an issue. Are there any other thoughts, or routes I can take to see what the issue might be?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Ask her to sit down at the ward computer and show you the problem. I think we need to rule out operator error/wrong answer to questions.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

If it appears she is doing everything correctly, I would do two things. At her calling, change something to force a reset of the calling. Toggling the set apart check mark usually works. Give it a day or two and see if that resolves the problem.

If that does not do it, I then would call the Global Service Center and ask them to look into it.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

So the central authority is actually CDOL. Log into cdol.lds.org and find your ward, list the callings there, this is where the directory and MLS and apps ultimately get their information. If it's there then I'd follow the suggestions above, remove the calling, validate that it goes missing in the lds.org/directory, once she is gone in the directory, you can re-add her in.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

johnshaw wrote:I'd follow the suggestions above, remove the calling, validate that it goes missing in the lds.org/directory, once she is gone in the directory, you can re-add her in.
I'd be reluctant to do that - that's likely to cause an errant calling date. In this situation, I'd go straight to contacting support to have them look at things on their end.

I know in the past we tried toggling things to get MLS to send the updates to CDOL, but with the shift to LCR, such tricks are not necessary.

eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:
johnshaw wrote:I'd follow the suggestions above, remove the calling, validate that it goes missing in the lds.org/directory, once she is gone in the directory, you can re-add her in.
I'd be reluctant to do that - that's likely to cause an errant calling date.
The calling date (or rather sustained date) is entered and isn't the date the calling is recorded. So as long as the correct sustained date is entered again, that isn't necessarily a problem.
russellhltn wrote:I know in the past we tried toggling things to get MLS to send the updates to CDOL, but with the shift to LCR, such tricks are not necessary.
But the permissions are stored in a separate datastore (Active Directory or another LDAP directory I believe) which is updated via a batch process. If by some chance the calling did not get propagated to the permissions directory then it's possible that removing and re-adding the calling might trigger a new update.

Return to “Church Account”