Checking members whether they have already been baptized

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Okusitino

Checking members whether they have already been baptized

Post by Okusitino »

pls pls, can anyone help me, I am the clerk Membership in our ward..
There were two names that the Bishop gave me find if they have been already baptized, I want to know the method of finding their name from the Salt Lake City Database, will I call them to find out or we have a protocol in our website so that I can use to query for these two?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Checking members whether they have already been baptized

Post by russellhltn »

If they are members of your ward, then you can look at the record and see if there's a baptismal date on them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

If the people are in your ward boundaries and you do not already have their records you can try to request them in LCR using the the Membership > Move Records In menu option in LCR. If they have been baptized and it was correctly recorded and you have their full names and birthdates you should be able to find and get their records. If you can't find their records then probably they have not been baptized. There would still be a possibility that they were baptized but it wasn't recorded correctly but unless they can provide witness you'd still have to proceed as if they had not been baptized.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:If they have been baptized and it was correctly recorded and you have their full names and birthdates you should be able to find and get their records.
Note that having a record doesn't mean they are baptized. They might be a "child of record", even if they are an adult.

However, if they're living in the ward boundaries, you should move them in. Once you have the records, then you can tell if they've been baptized or not.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”