LABS Site

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
techgy
Community Moderators

LABS Site

Post by techgy »

What is the labs.lds.org web site? Is this something that's open to others or just those who are the developers?
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

Techgy wrote:What is the labs.lds.org web site? Is this something that's open to others or just those who are the developers?
You first have to have an LDS Account. The details beyond that are foggy for me. The impression that I got was that it would be mainly for use by Community Developers. The "labs" stage is suppossed to be the one before the "beta" stage (beta.lds.org).

That's all I know.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

mkmurray wrote:You first have to have an LDS Account. The details beyond that are foggy for me. The impression that I got was that it would be mainly for use by Community Developers. The "labs" stage is suppossed to be the one before the "beta" stage (beta.lds.org).

That's all I know.
Michael is correct. The idea behind labs is for a development ground. Some projects in labs will be community projects like the HT/VT application while others will not be community projects. From the labs environment, we will go into a "beta" environment where specific customers (wards, stakes, etc) will be invited to participate.

Tom
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

tomw wrote:Michael is correct. The idea behind labs is for a development ground. Some projects in labs will be community projects like the HT/VT application while others will not be community projects. From the labs environment, we will go into a "beta" environment where specific customers (wards, stakes, etc) will be invited to participate.

Tom
Are you also able to answer the other part of Techgy's question:
Techgy wrote:Is this something that's open to others or just those who are developers?
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

Techgy wrote:What is the labs.lds.org web site? Is this something that's open to others or just those who are the developers?
This has not been 100% decided yet.

Tom
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

mkmurray wrote:Are you also able to answer the other part of Techgy's question:
My question was answered to my satisfaction.
Honestly, I was looking for the labs site that's a part of familysearch and found it after I'd posted the question. Anyway the responses were interesting.

Ref: http://labs.familysearch.org

Return to “General Discussions”