Send/Receive Errors Today

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
rmaughan

MLS 2.9 lockups?

Post by rmaughan »

Did everyone also experience lock ups in MLS after the error message indicating the failed transmission? As I talked to various ward clerks and worked with one directly, I saw that they had to use the Windows task manager to kill the MLS 2.9 process and then restart MLS to complete their backup. I told the clerks to try and transmit again sometime this week at their convienence.

I know we've experience MLS lock ups before, so I don't know if this particular lock up is new to MLS 2.9 or not.

Thanks.

Rob
mamadsen

Post by mamadsen »

Clerk Support MLS Transmission Status gives wrong message

I tried that first and received the same message. I am making the assumption that this feature is not kept up-to-date on the weekends (maybe longer). For this reason, I am suggesting a text message to clerks/STS's.
mamadsen

Post by mamadsen »

Clerk Support MLS Transmission Status gives wrong message
I tried that first and received the same message. I am making the assumption that this feature is not kept up-to-date on the weekends (maybe longer). For this reason, I am suggesting a text message to clerks/STS's.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

robm wrote:Did everyone also experience lock ups in MLS after the error message indicating the failed transmission? As I talked to various ward clerks and worked with one directly, I saw that they had to use the Windows task manager to kill the MLS 2.9 process and then restart MLS to complete their backup. I told the clerks to try and transmit again sometime this week at their convienence.

I know we've experience MLS lock ups before, so I don't know if this particular lock up is new to MLS 2.9 or not.

Thanks.

Rob
Yes, you're not the only one. This is what I meant by MLS "freezing up" on me.
barkep-p40

Post by barkep-p40 »

I am a Clerk in the Seneca Maryland Stake and I had the same problems along with 3 wards
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

If someone can verify that CHQ is receiving MLS transmissions again, could you please report it here?
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
nmecantwin73

Send successful

Post by nmecantwin73 »

I just got home from the clerk's office to try re-sending, and it was successful at about 8:55pm (Mountain time). It did seem to take a bit longer than usual, perhaps because many are trying all at once?

Along with the suggestions of showing status on clerk.lds.org, and sending messages to the STS, perhaps also posting, either here or on clerk.lds.org, some type of error log, stating what the problem was and what was done resolve the issue. Not just for this "huge" glitch, but for small insignificant things that most people aren't even aware of. Just a thought...

I'm sure we're all a bit curious...
childsdj

Post by childsdj »

Everything should be back up and functioning normally. It appears some of the clustered databases on the backend had the problem.
daverich-p40

Post by daverich-p40 »

I called the CHQ Financial Hotline about 3:00 pm PT today and the Operator told me that the MLS system was down. No ETA of when it would be back. Just to try and transmit later. So here it is later, almost 10:00 pm PT and I am headed back to church to transmit.

Would be nice if there was a webpage on this forum for Updates or status messages in situations like this.
rwardell-p40

Afaria errors

Post by rwardell-p40 »

Had a successful send and recieve at about 9:15 PM from Wyoming. The other symptoms that we saw were the same reported by others.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”