marriage

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Frank123Ross

marriage

Post by Frank123Ross »

a young woman is listed in her parents household on the records, she is 18 now and got married and they have a new baby. how do I make her husband the head of a household (not sure if he is a member or not) and show the young woman as his wife and their baby as their child.
I cannot find a way to do that.
any help ???
thanks
Frank
eblood66

Re: marriage

Post by eblood66 »

There are three issues.

First, is the marriage recorded correctly? To check on that find the member's profile in LCR (using Membersip > Member List from the menu or some other way), click on the Family tab and view the marriage information. If the marriage is not recorded then you need to get the appropriate information and record it using the Add Marriage link on that page. If the marriage is recorded it should show if the husband is a member or not. If so, make sure you have his records (if you do then his name should be a link under the Spouse entry). If you don't have his records, you need to request them.

Second, has the child been added on the mother's record? Again look at the Family tab and see if the child shows up. If not and the child is being blessed soon, you can probably just wait until the blessing and then create the child's record at that point and just continue with creating the new household. If the child has already been blessed but there isn't a record or if the child wasn't blessed but the mother and father want the child to have a record, then use the Membership > Create Record option in LCR to create a record (after having them fill out a Create Record form which can be printed from the Create Record page). This will also add the child to the mother's and father's records.

If the parents do not want the child to have a record then you can use the Add Child option on the Family tab of the mother's record. If the father is also a member then you may also need to do it on his record.

Fiinally, once the marriage has been correctly recorded and you have the husband's record (if he is a member) then you can place them in their own household. If the husband is a member and is already in his own household then find his member profile and click on the Household tab and then use the Add Household Members link to add his wife and child. If his is not in his own household then use the Split Household button on his Household tab to split him into his own household. Then add the wife and child if necessary.

If the husband is not a member, then find the member's profile, click on the Household tab and again use the Split Household button to split her and her child into their own household.
Frank123Ross

Post by Frank123Ross »

okay thanks for the info. just looked and no marriage is recorded. i will need to ask the young woman when they got married. i am in Belize and this family is hard to track down. but i will find them again and ask for the marriage information. if they are not legally married then what????
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Frank123Ross wrote:okay thanks for the info. just looked and no marriage is recorded. i will need to ask the young woman when they got married. i am in Belize and this family is hard to track down. but i will find them again and ask for the marriage information. if they are not legally married then what????
If not, then add the child as needed (with the father listed if possible) and then split the young woman into her own household. Skip the part about recording a marriage.

Return to “Membership Help”