Gospel Library Using 2.2 GB of storage?

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
jrdouglas

Gospel Library Using 2.2 GB of storage?

Post by jrdouglas »

I am consistently running out of storage space on my iPhone 5 and it turns out that the largest single consumer of storage is my Gospel Library app using 2.2 GB of space. I figured that the app must have automatically downloaded all of the available content, so I went into the app and started deleting things, beginning with videos. However, it didn't seem to make any difference. I then proceeded to delete everything except for the scriptures, but my storage is still being used by the app (although it did drop to 2.1 GB at one point).

Is this normal? When I remove items from the collection (and I watch them gray out) are they really being deleted from my device? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Gospel Library 3.4.4
iOS 7.1.2 on iPhone 5 GSM
iOS Locale: en
Version: Schema 2.0.0, Catalog 70
jrdouglas

Re: Gospel Library Using 2.2 GB of storage?

Post by jrdouglas »

Ouch, more than a week and no suggestions. I think I'll try deleting the app entirely and reinstall.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Have you downloaded/watched or listened to any conference talks or other content in the app? I'll bet the audio or video files for those were downloaded and not deleted.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
damwash

Post by damwash »

I am having the same problem, except my app is using 4.8 GBs. Something is seriously wrong with that. Should I delete the app altogether?
darrylhalder

Post by darrylhalder »

Waiting for help. I need the functionality but max out storage daily. Gospel library is at 5.3 HELP!
edwardmendezphillips

Post by edwardmendezphillips »

If you find that even when deleting available content on the app doesn't seem to be freeing storage space, I recommend using the Clean Master application. It works great for me and is very popular and effective. The app can free all the junk from other apps on your mobile that are most likely causing the storage confusion.
sprichards311

Post by sprichards311 »

I don't know if this will help you or not, but the same happened to me. I went into settings, then Downloaded Media and found a conference video hiding in there I didn't even know about. Hope it helps.
rchevali

Post by rchevali »

My iphone 4 has the same problem. I delete files but it just keeps growing. Im going to have to delete the library until the problem is fixed. The version from a year ago was fine but unfortunately i updated a few weeks ago snd the problem started.
Lmhogrl

Post by Lmhogrl »

What if you don't have any downloaded media. I've deleted pretty much everything except the Book of Mormon. Could it be all the notes and tags? I'm out of ideas.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

rchevali wrote:My iphone 4 has the same problem. I delete files but it just keeps growing. Im going to have to delete the library until the problem is fixed. The version from a year ago was fine but unfortunately i updated a few weeks ago snd the problem started.
If you're on an iPhone 4, the latest operating system you'll be able to run is iOS 7, which isn't able to run the latest version of Gospel Library. I'm guessing you're running a version of Gospel Library 3. Gospel Library 3 is no longer receiving updates (apart from continual improvements in Gospel Library 4, which require a newer version of iOS).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”