Gospel Library for Kindle Fire

elizabethrpalmer

Gospel Library for Kindle Fire

Post by elizabethrpalmer »

Does anyone have any idea when the Gospel Library will be available for the Kindle Fire,
or should I do the Android Sideloading instead? Is this safe for my device?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

elizabethrpalmer wrote:Does anyone have any idea when the Gospel Library will be available for the Kindle Fire,
or should I do the Android Sideloading instead? Is this safe for my device?
When you go to mobile.lds.org, there is an option for Kindle Fire, which links to Android sideloading. That is clearly the current procedure recommended by the Church.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
elizabethrpalmer

Post by elizabethrpalmer »

I found out from a friend who has a Kindle Fire yesterday that you go to APPS->LDS Store (from the Kindle Fire) - you will be presented with options to download the Gospel Library. But, you also have to download the scriptures from that same library so that the hyperlinks within the manuals will work together. Since I found this out after my original posting, I wanted to make sure that anyone else wanting this will know what to do.
packrd

Post by packrd »

appears it has "just been released" for kindle, as an app, on the amazon kindle store [free].
baileyrt

Re: Gospel Library for Kindle Fire

Post by baileyrt »

It's now available in the Amazon App Store. I installed in on a tablet and tried to open it, but it stayed stuck on the front page (looks like scripture cover). I shut it down and restarted it, and it worked fine.
evelyncheney

Post by evelyncheney »

I have had no success getting it downloaded with any of your suggestions.
gerryannr

Post by gerryannr »

My gospel library for Kindle Fire seems to have disappeared on my KF. It is still on m y IPhone. How do I get it back?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

See the last couple of posts on this thread: No gospel library app through Kindle fire
Gospel Library should be back on the Amazon Appstore sometime in the next 24 hours.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
MarkBeauchene

Post by MarkBeauchene »

I have been using the app for quite a while. The latest update introduced some issues. The worst is when playing audio of the Book of Mormon, pausing the playback sometimes starts the app jumping forward chapter after chapter. Also, when sitting and not being used the Kindle Fire will suddenly start playing the Book of Mormon all by itself. This happens about once a week.

We use this app every day, so I hope its stability can be improved.

Thank you!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I've never heard of audio starting by itself when the device is just sitting there – in any case, all of the back-end code for media playback was rewired in Android Gospel Library 4.3.0, which is currently in beta and scheduled to be released next week. Maybe it will fix your problem!
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Mobile Applications”