Meetinghouse Internet Problems

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
tlhackett
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Meetinghouse Internet Problems

Post by tlhackett »

bartj wrote:This update has been posted on tm.ldschurch.org.
That is tm.lds.org :)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

yarrgh wrote:
bartj wrote:This update has been posted on tm.ldschurch.org.
That is tm.lds.org :)
Fixed. :)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tlhackett
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by tlhackett »

There is also a lot of traffic hitting TM at the moment and we're getting a lot of rate limit errors from the vendor service. At this moment there isn't much we can do since this is a fixed constraint. We are working on a solution to control the requests to our vendor but it will require development and testing time before it can be implemented. We don't have a time frame on when it could be implemented.

If you are running into errors in TM and are not able to see your firewall details/status, try again in a little while. The more you refresh the page, the worse it makes it for everyone involved.
seanhyte

Post by seanhyte »

Here are the updated instructions for the outage:

https://www.lds.org/help/support/intern ... s?lang=eng

Thanks
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Church Network team. I believe the instructions could be made more clear.

1. Reset the firewall (8-10 seconds) watch the light blink green a couple of times go solid amber and then start blinking the rainbow of colors
2. Once the rainbow of colors starts, reset the firewall again (4 seconds) and watch the rainbow of colors, then the solid white, then rainbow of colors, then solid white.
3. Power cycle the AP's just for good measure.

I'd have anyone that this doesn't work for call the GSC. I didn't read ahead and called the GSC which instructed me to follow the instructions like 2 below the Call the GSC one. Anyway, might reduce some calls to the GSC...
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Grrr. I checked TM from home to verify the firewall was still offline. Then I drove to the meetinghouse, walked into the office, and saw the firewall displaying a solid white light. I checked TM from the clerk's computer and found everything was perfectly normal. Oh well.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

One of the Meraki that hadn't been affected on Wednesday went into "Warning" status and all the APs lost connection to the server. I power cycled the firewall and the status went green and all the APs checked in.

Now, it appears that all the 1041 APs in my stake are connected. I think this is the first time since the replacement of the firewalls this has happened - so things are looking up!
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

drepouille wrote:Grrr.
I have one that was okay on Wednesday, went offline Thursday afternoon, and this morning is okay again. I am hesitant to make the 60-mile trip.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Luckily, I am no longer the STS. As a humble ward clerk, I now live a mere two miles from the meetinghouse.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

So I reset all mine yesterday, and go into TM this morning and it was kicking all sorts of errors and didn't show a correct status. But as I started to click through the firewalls to see if the AP's showed up, after 5-10 minutes they all came back ok. So is this just a tool problem for many at this point? Are these all false positives? Maybe instructions should also read, double-check at the meetinghouse if the Internet is really affected before performing the procedures.

Mine were all hosed, and we knew because of testing for an upcoming webcast.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”