Printed Individual Tithing Declarations

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
catmulls

Printed Individual Tithing Declarations

Post by catmulls »

Hi, We started tithing settlement this week and I cannot seem to find the individual tithing declaration statements that were used in previous years. I am referring to a printed page that the bishop would note the individuals declaration. As clerks we would then transfer this into LCR finance.

Is the expectation now that we use alternative methods like the tithing declaration report with all members on it or have the bishop record the declaration the night of the appointment?

My bishop is concerned about recorded on the printed tithing settlement report that listed all members citing confidentiality concerns and the risk of the paper getting misplaced, etc.

Thanks, Steve
eblood66

Re: Printed Individual Tithing Declarations

Post by eblood66 »

Those individual statements are gone. My bishop just has his laptop with him and records the declarations for each family as he sees them. If he searches for the family before they come in then the screen shows only their entries.

The printed declaration report is also an alternative. The bishop could wait mark each family's declarations after they leave and before the next comes in to avoid confidentiality concerns. The clerk can record them after each session and print a new report with just those that haven't been declared (which is quite easy now).

Return to “Local Unit Finance”