Membership Audit Error on Membership Record

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
mormonchess

Membership Audit Error on Membership Record

Post by mormonchess »

I have an elderly member who was baptized in Salt Lake City 2 Jul 1966, and then sealed in the Salt Lake Temple on 2 Jun 1967, eleven months later. I have confirmed with him that these dates are not in error. He does not, however, remember anything about a special waiver from the First Presidency.

My regular membership audit is constantly bringing this up as a membership error. Can anyone tell me how to fix this issue? Is it going to involve talking to someone at SLC? Or is there another way to either validate these dates or make the audit error go away?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Membership Audit Error on Membership Record

Post by lajackson »

mormonchess wrote:My regular membership audit is constantly bringing this up as a membership error. Can anyone tell me how to fix this issue?
The stake president sends a letter to the Office of the First Presidency. See Handbook 1, 16.1.10 which applies even though this particular situation is not mentioned specifically in the Handbook.
mormonchess

Re: Membership Audit Error on Membership Record

Post by mormonchess »

Great! Thank you!

Return to “Membership Help”