Changing Privacy Level

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
marilynbruff

Changing Privacy Level

Post by marilynbruff »

I'm trying to change my privacy level although it won't save the change. So how can I go about changing it.
eblood66

Re: Changing Privacy Level

Post by eblood66 »

Are you trying to make the level more restrictive or less restrictive? If you are trying to make a specific item (a phone number, email address, etc) less restrictive then you can't make it less restrictive than the overall privacy level for the household.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Just to make sure there is not a misunderstanding about what this forum is, this is a basically peer-to-peer forum where we try to help each other, not an official support channel staffed by trained support personnel.

In order to help someone (likely not me) who might know of a solution, what exactly happens when you attempt to save a change of privacy level? Is there an error dialog? Is there some other message on screen? What exactly do those messages say? The more detail available, the better chance of finding a solution.

Also, what browser, browser version, operating system, and operating system version are you using? Have you tried using other browsers or operating systems? If so, do the symptoms differ?

I'm assuming you're logged in to your LDS Account in order to get to a page/panel that would allow changing the privacy level. Are there any indications that you might not be fully logged in? Is there any other LDS Account functionality that you have seen that does not work properly?

Meanwhile, one thing that _might_ help would be to delete all relevant cookies and clear your browser's cache. Sometimes, odd stuff gets saved in cookies or in the browser's cache that can cause odd things to happen. (If you send feedback or request help through the official support channel, it's likely the first thing the responder will tell you to try is to delete cookies and clear the browser's cache.)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Where exactly are you trying to change your privacy level? The only place I know about is the Directory on lds.org. Is that where you're going?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
marilynbruff

Post by marilynbruff »

I'm trying to make it less restrictive in my contact settings. It is currently set at Private Leaders only and I want to change it to Ward visibility although after I hit save and go to say membership it comes up stating that I need to save or cancel my changes. Even after I hit save again doesn't seem to do anything. So I'm at a lost as to how to correct any help is much appreciated.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Make sure that the Household privacy settings are set first. The individual settings cannot be less restrictive than the household settings. Then try again with the individual settings.

If that does not work, speak with your ward clerk. He should also be able to change the settings to the level you desire.

Return to “Church Account”