General Conference 2017 Not Updating

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
packerlb

General Conference 2017 Not Updating

Post by packerlb »

I have not been able to get the 2017 General Conference to download.
The women's session is showing up, but the rest of it is missing.
How do I get it to download?
I have already uninstalled and re-installed.
iPhone SE running IOS 11. 0.2

OR
Is it not available yet? If so, when?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: General Conference 2017 Not Updating

Post by russellhltn »

That's all I see as well. I assume that's because the Woman's sessions is a week older than the rest of the conference - which suggests what time frame to expect it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dezboi

Post by dezboi »

Same here. Seems they jumped the gun about announcing the text was available on mobile devices.

Only place I’ve seen CG Fall 2017 is on lds.org
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Every time I have tried to get into GL this week I have faced nearly 1,000 files being downloaded. I expect a few of those may be the conference talks from this past weekend.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

I am able to see the rest of the talks now, but that's what I would expect. Thursday is the usual release of that content.
bormana

Post by bormana »

I got a notification that October 2017 was available while I was in the library app this morning. Went to view the content and then it said the content was not available. I don't even have the women's session yet.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I found I must have the most current version of the app, but even then I don't see anything beyond the women's session.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Is this an iPhone/iPad thing? I've had the Women's Session for a week, and I got everything else late yesterday (and again this morning) from that other popular OS that begins with an A. I did not get a notification. It all just showed up.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I tried pulling it up this morning and no luck. Tried just now and got a message that it was available - and it was right.

sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

The iOS and Android versions of Gospel Library (Gospel Library 4) pull from the same content lane, so if it's available on one, it should be available on the other. As long as you're on a good internet connection, the app will check for a catalog update every 12 hours, after a period of inactivity where the OS hibernates it in the background, or after force-closing the app by swiping it out of your recent apps, whichever comes sooner. On Android, you can also check for a catalog update by pulling down on the main library screen (you'll see a progress spinner).

The Women's Session was published last week, and the other sessions were published Wednesday night. So, if you don't see the October 2017 conference yet, try force closing (swipe out of recent apps) and reopening the app, or, on Android, try pulling down on the main library.

Note also that if you have Limit Mobile Network Use on (Android) or Use Cellular Data for Content Updates off (iOS), the app won't check for new content unless you're connected to a Wi-Fi network.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”