Audio glitches during conference?

Discussions around the satellite system and video distribution.
mevans

Audio glitches during conference?

Post by mevans »

There was a forum thread from October 2016 about primarily video glitches, but I'm starting a new thread about audio. During today's conference, I'm getting several audio glitches; the video is fine. Is anyone else experiencing this? It's barely noticeable, but there are very quick glitches. It sounds like a quick static click or skip.

I'm watching it on a modulated signal right now. I'm going to try switching to straight audio from the satellite to see if I notice glitches there, as it could be the modulator.

I spoke with satellite support. They said there was an audio issue during the morning session. He asked me to switch from channel 101 to 102 and back to reset the receiver and see if that fixed anything. I still noticed the occasional glitch after that.

I'm just checking to see if anyone else is experiencing any audio issues today.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Audio glitches during conference?

Post by russellhltn »

I hadn't really noticed, but the I wasn't listening critically. I did notice it in the postlude music. It sounds like a click as it's very short. But it's not a click, but momentary lack of sound.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

Satellite support said there was an issue this morning and they sent an update to the units to correct it. It seems like I was the only one still complaining. They had me reboot (power cycle) the devices after the 2nd session. I'll see if it improves for Priesthood meeting.

My problem only seemed to be with the English feed. I tried a few different channels that had English, including ASL, and they all had the glitch.
CalS201

Post by CalS201 »

We heard the same audio glitches all through the Priesthood session. Fast, short, every few seconds.
mevans

Post by mevans »

CalS201 wrote:We heard the same audio glitches all through the Priesthood session. Fast, short, every few seconds.
Try cycling the power on your receiver(s) and see if that improves anything. I'm not completely sure if it worked for us, as I was in the chapel with my son and it was more difficult to hear the clicks in a room full of people. Earlier in the day I was back by the satellite equipment and I could hear it all the time. I heard it a few times during priesthood.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I heard it quite a bit while I was recording, but I found it hard to hear in the chapel on playback. I think the room echo tends to cover it up. I did power cycle my receivers, we'll see what happens.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Satellite”