IOS 11 and Tools won’t load my profile.

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
gunwalder

IOS 11 and Tools won’t load my profile.

Post by gunwalder »

I can’t get LDS Tools to load my profile.
I had to reset my phone and reinstall all the apps after updating to IOS 11.

After starting the app, LDS tools prompts me to sign in, I do that then I get a flash screen that is downloading, but then it never downloads and just sits at the login prompt.

I deleted the app and reinstalled, same results.

Any thoughts?
rbplatt

LDS Tools sync issues with iOS 11

Post by rbplatt »

Anybody else having problems with LDS Tools syncing since upgrading to iOS 11? On both iPad Pro and iPhone 8 both of which are running iOS 11, synch no longer works. On the iPad Pro, prior to iOS 11 it worked fine. I’ve tried delete/reinstall to no avail.
Biggles

Re: IOS 11 and Tools won’t load my profile.

Post by Biggles »

Sunday server overload?

Over the past few Sunday’s there have been quite a few login and download problems. Try again on Monday and you will probably have no problem!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LDS Tools sync issues with iOS 11

Post by russellhltn »

rbplatt wrote:Anybody else having problems with LDS Tools syncing since upgrading to iOS 11?
Your post was merged with an existing thread as it covers the same subject. There's also this thread which indicates the issue is with LDS Tools services, not with the OS.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
martinlindabingham

Post by martinlindabingham »

It seems to be a problem with the login screen. If the app is already logged in and the device is updated to iOS 11, it works fine. I backed up then restored during an iPad migration which kept me logged in and it continued to work.

I just got an iPhone 6sPlus with iOS 11.0.1 and it won’t make it pass the login screen, same as mentioned above. Hopefully it will an app update will come soon to resolve this.
accampbell

Post by accampbell »

Having the same problem. Been having it even before the "Server Overload" of Conference weekend.
LeonardMC
Community Moderators

Post by LeonardMC »

I’m having the same issue. Just upgraded to iPhone 8plus with iOS 11.0.3. When I open LDSTools it prompts me to put in my username and password. When I click Signin the downloading image appears for less then a second and then it hangs. I can not open the data nor can I download.
sapeterso

Post by sapeterso »

LeonardMC wrote:I’m having the same issue. Just upgraded to iPhone 8plus with iOS 11.0.3. When I open LDSTools it prompts me to put in my username and password. When I click Signin the downloading image appears for less then a second and then it hangs. I can not open the data nor can I download.
I’m having the same issue right now. I have tried closing the app, using cellular or WiFi. I even remov d and reinstalled the app after restarting into my phone. Hopefully this is fixed in the next update.
dblamb1

Post by dblamb1 »

Same Issue. ios 11.0.2 new iPhone 8 plus. Transfered data from iphone 6 using icloud. Unable to log on.
drowley1030

Post by drowley1030 »

I am having this issue on my iPhone running 11.0.2 (15A421) and have been for at least three weeks. The login prompt comes up, I click login it starts downloading and then stops. No errors. I know the user name and password are correct since I logged in with it here.

It works fine on my iPad running the same version of iOS.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”