Mevo Camera

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
bido101

Mevo Camera

Post by bido101 »

The Mevo Camera product is from Livestream (just acquired by Vimeo). As an STS responsible for stake conference webcasting, this is a particularly interesting product.

https://getmevo.com/

So... my work got one a few weeks ago and are letting me trial it away from work. The basic idea would be a single camera setup in the first few rows (the camera is designed to be a few meters from its subject, not at the back of the room) and see how intrusive it is. I'm not doing this during stake conference. The camera is relatively small and compact.

But the idea is that between this camera and the iOS / Android app, I can control several "static" frames and easily and smoothly pan from each one. Limitation, of course, just one angle. So is it weird for conference to be head on the entire broadcast? Maybe.

Other limitation is that it can only stream directly several common streaming providers... Livestream itself, YouTube, Facebook, and Periscope/Twitter. They don't currently have plans to support configurable RTSP URLs to stream to LDS's streaming system.

Any thoughts on this camera? Could this type of low-cost system be successful across stake centers? If so, I think the church should partner much like they did with the Teradek VidiU encoders.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Mevo Camera

Post by russellhltn »

bido101 wrote:Limitation, of course, just one angle. So is it weird for conference to be head on the entire broadcast? Maybe.
It should be noted from Webcast Requirements: "Units that use webcast technology are encouraged to keep their webcast setup as simple as possible. Overly complicated systems can be difficult to run, and represent an unnecessary expense to the Church. Advanced features such as speaker titles, hymn text, and multiple cameras are optional, not required, for a successful webcast."

So, a single camera is in keeping with the recommendation from CHQ.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
robriding@cox.net

Re: Mevo Camera

Post by robriding@cox.net »

I looked into the mevo
and yes I think it would be great-my only fear is its limited zoom
it would be 4 rows back at head level to get any good shot.
Thinking it would bother the speaker to much-But maybe they like selfies !!

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”