Change Username

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
hippomom

Change Username

Post by hippomom »

I would like to change my username; however, the instructions for doing so are impossible to follow. the instructions say to access "Personal Information" and then type the new username in the "User name" field. On my "Personal information" page, there is no box for the username. It simply lists my current username and there is no way to change it. Help!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Change Username

Post by russellhltn »

Are you going to ldsaccount.lds.org? For myself, the "username" is in a box and I can just go in a edit it. There's no need to click a edit button.

However, If you have a "Workforce" tab, you may not be allowed to change it. In that case, you'd have to work though support as there's multiple systems that have to be updated.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
danpass

Post by danpass »

hippomom wrote:I would like to change my username; however, the instructions for doing so are impossible to follow. the instructions say to access "Personal Information" and then type the new username in the "User name" field. On my "Personal information" page, there is no box for the username. It simply lists my current username and there is no way to change it. Help!
When I go to my Personal Information page, there are 3 fields which are changeable. These are "Display Name", "Username" and "Preferred Language". Are any of these changeable on your page?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

danpass wrote:When I go to my Personal Information page, there are 3 fields which are changeable. These are "Display Name", "Username" and "Preferred Language". Are any of these changeable on your page?
Everyone can change their Display Name or Preferred Language. But members of the workforce cannot change their Username.
uweregreat

Post by uweregreat »

aebrown wrote:
danpass wrote:When I go to my Personal Information page, there are 3 fields which are changeable. These are "Display Name", "Username" and "Preferred Language". Are any of these changeable on your page?
Everyone can change their Display Name or Preferred Language. But members of the workforce cannot change their Username.
Any reason as to why the workforce can't change their username?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

uweregreat wrote:Any reason as to why the workforce can't change their username?
Probably because it would break links between systems. You'd suddenly become a non-employee.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”