Can I set up an online account for paying tithing of a minor?

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
rachstonew

Can I set up an online account for paying tithing of a minor?

Post by rachstonew »

I set up an LDS account for each of my kids today so that hopefully I can pay them their tithing in cash, but then deposit it into our checking account and then pay online. We always have the hardest time remembering to bring those envelopes to church. But when I'm logged into my 8-yr old's account it won't let me access the donations tab saying he has to be 13. Is there a way around this so we can pay his tithing electronically?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Can I set up an online account for paying tithing of a minor?

Post by russellhltn »

rachstonew wrote:But when I'm logged into my 8-yr old's account it won't let me access the donations tab saying he has to be 13.
That would seem to be your answer. This could well be a "law of the land" restriction.

Please note that forum guidelines prohibit posting methods to circumvent security.

Personally, while it may be a pain to remember to bring those envelopes to church, devising an effective technique to do so would be a useful life skill as an adult. It certainly has been for me. May I suggest placing the envelope on/in something that they'll be carrying with them to church? That's my method in similar situations.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jandcgreen

Post by jandcgreen »

I'm not trying to circumvent security, but would also like to help my children pay their own tithing online. In setting up an LDS Account for my under 13 child, I had to provide my membership number as proof of my parental consent for my under age child to have an account and for the Church to collect private information on that child - all of which the Church already had, since he's a baptized member. I wouldn't mind if I had to enter that information each time to prove that he had permission to pay his tithing from his savings account, since his money is kept in an out of state bank. I even tried to see if I could login in, as a parent, and then denote that the donation was from him and enter his account. This would, obviously, show parental consent, but wasn't available as an option, either. My children have all learned to fill out a tithing slip and turn it in to the bishop, but now would be learning how to do so online, which is certainly the way our ward would rather receive it.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I would suggest you send this request as feedback on the donations page. That feedback is routed to the appropriate decision makers for modifications to the software. This forum is primarily user-to-user support and we don't have any more authority than you do in making changes to how the system works.

If others in your ward have the same desire, you might encourage them to send feedback as well.

Return to “Church Account”