Search only searches topical guide

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
rosendahl80

Search only searches topical guide

Post by rosendahl80 »

I noticed recently that the Gospel library search function only brings up results from the topical guide. Previously it would break down several categories. As an example, it would say Book of Mormon 22 results, Old Testament 12 results, New Testament 9 results, etc. Now it defaults to results only in topical guide. I use this function often and have only lost function in the past month or two.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Search only searches topical guide

Post by russellhltn »

Which OS are you on? Android, iOS (Apple), or Windows?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rosendahl80

Post by rosendahl80 »

russellhltn wrote:Which OS are you on? Android, iOS (Apple), or Windows?
Android
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Moved to the Android section.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

As you start to type a search, you will see search suggestions or shortcuts appear below the search box, including shortcuts from the topical guide (if what you're typing matches a topical guide topic). The shortcuts are intended to help you get somewhere quickly if you know what you're looking for (for example, if you type a scripture reference) – but the app doesn't start a full search until you press the enter/search button on the keyboard (or one of the search suggestions to limit the search scope). Did you start the full search by pressing enter?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
rosendahl80

Post by rosendahl80 »

Ok, so here I am a month later and figured it out. I didn't have the content downloaded. If content is not downloaded it won't search a specific book, chapter or page. Just the topical guide. Download the content and works.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”