Family Member not recorded in Household/member list

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
gfhirschi

Family Member not recorded in Household/member list

Post by gfhirschi »

I have an error, were a member ( Father ) under household does not show a son.
I go to Family and Son correctly shows up. Also son does not show up as a member under
member list. What steps to correct. Thanks
eblood66

Re: Family Member not recorded in Household/member list

Post by eblood66 »

First, I'm assuming the son is a member and lives in the ward. In that case his record is not in your ward and you'll need to request it using Membership > Move Records In from the LCR menu. You can get the son's full name and membership number from the Family tab of the father. As part of the request it will ask which household to add him to.

If the son is not in the ward then he should not show up in the household tab or in the member list because his record should be in the ward where he lives. If he is not a member then he will not show up in either place because those are only for members.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:from the Family tab of the father.
Keep in mind that that tab is what I call "genealogy". The son might have grown up and left home, or maybe even deceased, but will still show up in that section, but won't show up elsewhere.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
gfhirschi

Post by gfhirschi »

Thanks for your help. After further investigation I see where he has been moved to another ward. So that solves my problem.

Return to “Membership Help”