Gospel library is horrible at switching languages

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
wesleykeetch

Gospel library is horrible at switching languages

Post by wesleykeetch »

It will switch to Spanish and then when a back button is clicked it will go back to the previous language. The switching function needs to be improved.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Gospel library is horrible at switching languages

Post by sbradshaw »

Isn't the back button on Android always supposed to go back to where you were previously?

Are there examples of other third-party apps that switch languages in the app? I'm curious how they behave.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
jessepaakkari

Post by jessepaakkari »

I would expect that switching of language is not cached as "browsing event" or whatever one calls them. I would think it is configuration / setting event such as changing font size etc.
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

sbradshaw wrote:Isn't the back button on Android always supposed to go back to where you were previously?

Are there examples of other third-party apps that switch languages in the app? I'm curious how they behave.
Yes. The same is true for Windows apps, as well. It's the browser-like paradigm, really. Navigating to the same page on a different language is still a different place "on the web" (in the library for Gospel Library), and thus is part of the forward/backward navigation history. The behavior makes perfect sense to me,
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10

Return to “Android Gospel Library”