Changing last names

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
Ladydorcus

Changing last names

Post by Ladydorcus »

My children's last name and mine have been legally changed. We show up on the ward roster and lds tools under the new name, but the children on their lds.org accounts are still under their old names. It is causing name issues for missions and the pathway program. The ward clerk has changed all that he knows how to change, but the old name still shows up. Does anyone have ideas how to make the new name stick every place it should be? Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Changing last names

Post by russellhltn »

Ladydorcus wrote:We show up on the ward roster and lds tools under the new name, but the children on their lds.org accounts are still under their old names.
I think the clerk is going to have to call CHQ.

One of the frequent issue is the "Household name" doesn't get updated - but that usually shows up in the Directory on lds.org or LDS Tools. But I know the information on the LDS Account doesn't update.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
evangardner

Post by evangardner »

We have a similar sort of situation in our branch with a sister who got remarried several years ago, but her lds account still shows her previous married name. As a clerk, I can confirm that every field I can see or have access to on MLS or the online clerk tools shows her "new" last name. (I put that in brackets, because as best I can tell it has been legally changed and changed in our records for years)

I'd really appreciate some tips or guidance on how to get it straightened out for her - she finds it a bit traumatic to still be linked to a bad situation like that.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

When you say "her lds account still shows her previous married name" are you talking about the "Last Name" field when she logs in to ldsaccount.lds.org? She should be able to update her "Display Name". I think you'll have to call CHQ to update the "Last Name" field.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”