Membership: Member refuses to provide new address

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
lmatthewchristensen

Membership: Member refuses to provide new address

Post by lmatthewchristensen »

Hello!

A member just moved out and refuses to provide their new address so we can transfer their records. Does anyone know what to do in this situation?

Thanks!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Membership: Member refuses to provide new address

Post by jdlessley »

If you can't get the address information from the member, and there is no one else who can provide it, you will have to wait until the new ward requests the record. If you know the area and are pretty sure of the new ward you can send the ward clerk an email with a heads up that the member is moving into the area but you can't send the record.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

When all that fails, follow the process for sending someone to "address unknown" (which I suspect is the member's goal).
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Address a letter to the most recent address you have. Add the phrase “ADDRESS CORRECTION REQUESTED / DO NOT FORWARD” to the front of the envelope. If the post office has a forwarding address, they will place a correction label on the envelope and return it to you.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

At least in the US, I think the correct verbiage is "Return Service Requested". See this.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:At least in the US, I think the correct verbiage is "Return Service Requested". See this.
I believe this is present on the standard unit envelopes.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”