Unable to take notes on scriptures anymore

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
mevans

Unable to take notes on scriptures anymore

Post by mevans »

For the last few days, whenever I try to create or edit highlights on scriptures, as soon as I press Save, it takes me to a Page Not Found error. This seems to be for all the standard works. I'm still able to take notes on things like the President Hinckley article or Ensign articles. I'm referring to doing this in a web browser, not Gospel Library.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I thought maybe it was a hiccup, but it's been going on for a few days now.
mstauff

Re: Unable to take notes on scriptures anymore

Post by mstauff »

Same for me. Has been hit or miss outside of scriptures. General Conference talks reload the page (rather than going to the page not found), but the markings don't save. I was able to add some markings and notes to a training broadcast transcript today, but that's about the only place I've seen it work in the last week.

I've taken the suggestion from another thread and just started using Gospel Library App on a Chromebook for now as a work around.
mstauff

Post by mstauff »

Something has changed. I'm able to add notes now. Still can't edit, but I can add new ones, including notes, tags, and selecting a notebook.
stonzthro

Post by stonzthro »

I'm experiencing the same problem (can no longer take notes). Last time this happened I lost several chapters worth of notes - I hope this doesn't happen again.
mstauff

Post by mstauff »

Well, that was short lived! I have proof that it worked for me temporarily as the two notes I entered this morning (in Alma 8) are still there, and they also show up in Gospel Library, but I tried to add another note just a few minutes later (in Alma 9) and got the page not found again. I went back to the Alma 8 to see if where you add them might be a factor, but it wasn't. I tried adding notes & tags in chapter 8 & 9 and couldn't add them anymore in either chapter.
merry.gordon

Post by merry.gordon »

I'm having the same issue - every time I try to take new notes, I can't, but my old ones are still there.
Brandy_1976

Post by Brandy_1976 »

I am having the same problem. It worked last week, but this week when I select a section of scripture and then make a note and then hit save it takes me directly to the page not found . Frustrating!
kalebkjk

Post by kalebkjk »

I'm having the same problem as well. I typically use google chrome so I figured I'd switch to a different browser. It worked for a day on internet explorer, however, the next day it stopped working. I can't get it to work on Chrome, Internet Explorer or Firefox. I do know that it does work on my phone app (I can create notes on the phone app and then see them on an internet browser, but I can't create notes from an internet browser).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kalebkjk wrote:It worked for a day on internet explorer, however, the next day it stopped working.
Just for kicks and giggles, try going to that page and doing a ctrl-F5. See if that helps.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kalebkjk

Post by kalebkjk »

Still didn't work.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”