Auxiliary and Quorum presidents to see their budgets

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
mmaynor

Auxiliary and Quorum presidents to see their budgets

Post by mmaynor »

Hi Guys, I haven't figured it out but is there a way in LCR to see how much money is left in each quorum and Auxiliary? If so is there a way for the presidents to see how much they have left? One more question. Is it within policy to create password protected google docs that contain the balance of each group's budget so that the presidents can keep tabs on their budget better?
eblood66

Re: Auxiliary and Quorum presidents to see their budgets

Post by eblood66 »

Although the expenses for a budget category are available in LCR to clerks, the actual budget allocations and the remaining budget amounts are not available to anyone including clerks. Those are only visible in MLS at this point.

Whether auxiliaries will be able to see budget amounts in future releases is unknown. I would expect clerks to be able to manage budget allocations before auxiliaries or quorums are given access.

As for whether budgets can be stored in google docs, the only possibly relevant policy I know is section 4.9 of the Meetinghouse Technology Policy. Whether that applies to budgets is something the bishop and stake president would have to interpret.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mmaynor wrote:Hi Guys, I haven't figured it out but is there a way in LCR to see how much money is left in each quorum and Auxiliary?
I don't know as LCR is that far along yet.
mmaynor wrote:If so is there a way for the presidents to see how much they have left?
I'm pretty sure that the breakdown of the budget is unique to each unit, so there's no universal permissions that would establish a particular account as "belonging" to the a particular group.
mmaynor wrote:Is it within policy to create password protected google docs that contain the balance of each group's budget so that the presidents can keep tabs on their budget better?
Local leaders have the key to interpreting policy. It would depend on if they decide if the phrase "MLS data" in section 4.9.4 includes the budget. Membership info is expressly banned, but budget is less clear.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Until MLS finances are migrated to LCR, you can only print budget reports from MLS. Last Sunday, I ran budget detail reports for RS, YM, YW, and Primary, using CutePDF or "Microsoft Print to PDF" to save each report to a separate PDF. I then emailed each PDF to the organization's president.

I noticed, by the way, that CutePDF creates much smaller files than "Microsoft Print to PDF", although those smaller files were a little fuzzy here and there.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
mmaynor

Post by mmaynor »

Thanks Guys, I'll talk to my Bishop to see what he thinks and go from there.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”