printing issue

Discussions about setup, operation, and maintenance of these devices in meetinghouses other than a FHC
Aljernon805

printing issue

Post by Aljernon805 »

under the print symbol i set the parameters then click the print option to bring up the print screen with printer.

instead of the print screen coming up, something is sent to the desk top. i can see the file but it can not be opened when clicked on. instead another file appears, all with the same name.

i have printed this same info every month since January of this year.

hp machine with windows 7
other than normal updates no changes have been made to system and no new programs.
Uvaranelson

Re: printing issue

Post by Uvaranelson »

I CANT PRINT IN MLS
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Uvaranelson wrote:I CANT PRINT IN MLS
Can you print from any other program? Have you verified you've selected the right printer in MLS? It doesn't always default to the Windows default printer. And have you rebooted? The printing service may have stalled and needs to be reset.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

And one more twist thrown in if you are using Windows 10, which changes the default printer each time you print. My clerk's office has a Xerox Phaser 3250 as well as a Xerox M20 MFP, so I have to double-check which printer is selected each time I print something.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
Aljernon805

Post by Aljernon805 »

im still not sure why but the print file was sent to the desktop as a pdf. this happened several times but now everything seems to work ok. even if i get the pdf i can still print now so im good.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I think MLS tends to send to the "last used" printer. So, someone probably wanted a PDF and you got stuck with the new default.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ChrisCWard

Post by ChrisCWard »

Hi Aljernon805
Click: Start
Type: Default Printer
Select: Change Default Printer
Select: the printer you want as default
Select: Manage
Select: Set as Default.
If you get a message saying; Are you sure you do not want Windows 10 to manage your default printer for you?
Select: Yes
Hth
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

That would reset it at the Windows level, but as I recall MLS likes to ignore Windows and goes with "last used".

Return to “Printers, Copiers, and Multi-Function Devices”