Missing Bear Den

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
ARTEST4ECHO

Missing Bear Den

Post by ARTEST4ECHO »

When I took over for the last membership clerk, I found out that our "Bear Den" was missing. I was able to "Split" the Wolf Den and create a "Pseudo-Bear Den" in the meantime. However, the problem I have is, this isn't the "default" class. Which runs into the issue that the wolf dens doesn't move to the Bear den and the Bear den doesn't move to webelos.

Is there a way to get the "default Bear Den Back".

I already tried to "Reset Classes to Default" on the main Primary page.

I did notice the on the main "Boy Scouts" section of YM, I do have the ability to "Add Variety" and "Add Venturing", but the Cubs doesn't seem to have the same feature.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Missing Bear Den

Post by scgallafent »

I'm not sure why you're not seeing the option to add that class.

If you go to the top-level Primary organization (Organizations > Primary) and click on the pencil icon next to the "Primary" header, there is an option to reset classes to default. That would be the next thing to try. Since you don't have any split classes, it won't cause you too much havoc.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

One possibility is that the Bear Den was combined with another den and renamed. In that case there should be an Uncombine option for one of the dens when clicking on the pencil icon beside the name.

The other is that the Remove Class option was used. If that's the case, I'm not sure how to get back just that one class.

However, if you click the pencil icon beside the Primary heading at the top there is an option to reset classes to defaults. That should recover the missing den. But it will probably also reset all other primary classes to their defaults. So if you have any combined or split classes or non-standard assignments, you'll want to make a printout of the Primary organization and redo all the changes.

(scgellafent beat me to the answer--however maybe he can answer whether this could be caused by using the Remove Class option or does that have some other effect?)
ARTEST4ECHO

Post by ARTEST4ECHO »

I'm 99% sure that the "Remove Class option" was used in the past, since there isn't a combined class anywhere in the Primary.

The problem is, I already tried the pencil icon (as suggested by scgallafent and eblood66) beside the Primary heading to reset classes to defaults, before I post my question. Since I have no combined classes, it wouldn't have caused me any problems. Unfortunately, it didn't restore the Bear Dean.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

ARTEST4ECHO wrote:I'm 99% sure that the "Remove Class option" was used in the past, since there isn't a combined class anywhere in the Primary.

The problem is, I already tried the pencil icon (as suggested by scgallafent and eblood66) beside the Primary heading to reset classes to defaults, before I post my question. Since I have no combined classes, it wouldn't have caused me any problems. Unfortunately, it didn't restore the Bear Dean.
You should probably contact Local Unit Support and ask them to send it to the developers to look at. scgallafent (who is one of the developers) might look at it on his own but it's probably better if there is a formal ticket.
ARTEST4ECHO

Post by ARTEST4ECHO »

eblood66 wrote:You should probably contact Local Unit Support and ask them to send it to the developers to look at. scgallafent (who is one of the developers) might look at it on his own but it's probably better if there is a formal ticket.
Ya, that was my next step. I was hoping to not have to bug them. Thanks
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

Are the missing callings hidden?
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
ARTEST4ECHO

Post by ARTEST4ECHO »

Everything is gone. I believe the class was removed using the "Remove Class" option, like with Varsity and Venturing Scouts. However, unlike with Cubs, which has no pencil, the "Boy Scout" pencil has a "Add Varsity" and "Add Venturing" choice.

It seems like, once you remove a Cub Class, it's just gone for good.
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

If the callings are hidden you won't see the class you have to go into the settings and select show hidden callings to get them back
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
ARTEST4ECHO

Post by ARTEST4ECHO »

When you show the "Hidden Callings" it only lists the "Webelos Assistant Leader" and "Wolf Den Leader" in the "Pseudo-Bear Den" since it's actually the "Wold Den 2" renamed.

It doesn't show the default Bear Den at all.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”