Missionary Couple Assigned to YSAs in 3 Stakes

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
mwgrover

Missionary Couple Assigned to YSAs in 3 Stakes

Post by mwgrover »

I received the following request from my stake presidency:

"We now have Elder/Sister (Full time missionaries) that will be assigned to our three stakes to work specifically on YSA retention and activation. Their [membership] records will be in the Tulsa Stake.

It will be critical for them to have access to all three stakes in order to get leadership info, reports, addresses, maps, etc in order to do what they need.

Is there anyway to get them access of all three stakes in tools?????"

I know you can add someone as an out-of-unit member to an individual ward, which would then give them access to that ward's directory. I am unsure how we could do that on the scale that the presidency is requesting. It sounds like they want them to have clerk-level access to every ward in the stake -- in three stakes. Is that even possible?

Thanks for any suggestions...
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Missionary Couple Assigned to YSAs in 3 Stakes

Post by russellhltn »

mwgrover wrote:It sounds like they want them to have clerk-level access to every ward in the stake -- in three stakes. Is that even possible?
Not from the unit side of things. Maybe the mission can do something.

If I were in your shoes I'd explain to the stake president that access can only be done by giving the member a standard calling that grants access. It doesn't sound like they're getting a calling from the ward or stake. Access for missionaries is granted by the mission.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dufekmc

Post by dufekmc »

Similar situation to what mwgrover described. Mission President requested access to our Stake's directory and calendars via LDS Tools. Stake President agrees with the request, but not sure how we can accommodate this given the current tools.

Can we add a Stake-level non-resident, or out-of-Stake calling, for this Mission President in order to grant access? What is CHQ's policy on this anyway? Makes sense that a Mission President should have access to this data inherently, yet they don't. Are we missing something here? Please advise.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

dufekmc wrote:Similar situation to what mwgrover described. Mission President requested access to our Stake's directory and calendars via LDS Tools. Stake President agrees with the request, but not sure how we can accommodate this given the current tools.

Can we add a Stake-level non-resident, or out-of-Stake calling, for this Mission President in order to grant access? What is CHQ's policy on this anyway? Makes sense that a Mission President should have access to this data inherently, yet they don't. Are we missing something here? Please advise.
This post is fairly similar to another post in a different thread. Please note that the Code of Conduct says "Do not post the same material in multiple threads." I went ahead and approved both of them based on the two posts having some substantial differences.
dufekmc

Post by dufekmc »

rmrichesjr wrote: This post is fairly similar to another post in a different thread. Please note that the Code of Conduct says "Do not post the same material in multiple threads." I went ahead and approved both of them based on the two posts having some substantial differences.
Yes, thank you for approving both. Similar topics, but substantially different. This thread relates to finding a solution to the issue using LCR from the Stake or Ward side. The other thread relates specifically to a response from CHQ saying that the Mission Office should be blessed to resolve the issue via the Missionary Portal which is contrary to what I had been previously told. Hope to get some answers soon. Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dufekmc wrote:Yes, thank you for approving both. Similar topics, but substantially different.
But both have the same answer.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dufekmc

Post by dufekmc »

russellhltn wrote: But both have the same answer.
OK, so what is that same answer then?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dufekmc wrote:OK, so what is that same answer then?
Here

wayneallengarver

Post by wayneallengarver »

I have a similar problem regarding multiple stake access to membership information. As Clerk for a two Stake combined YSA, our YSA ward is populated from these two different stakes. While I may inquire of parents within my parent stake I am unable to do so in our other supporting stake. I lack access to membership information within that stake. I have spoke to stake officers who simply do not have an answer. The YSA contains some very mobile members who frequently fail to inform the Bishopric or other leadership of their departures or destination. Others simply elect to fade from view and become ghosts on the membership rolls. Locating member families in the supporting stake is time consuming as I must contact each Ward Bishopric to inquire for information. Currently, I get information back from fifty percent of my requests and this takes weeks to accomplish. Is there any way this could be resolved?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

I have a similar problem regarding multiple stake access to membership information. As Clerk for a two Stake combined YSA, our YSA ward is populated from these two different stakes. ... Is there any way this could be resolved?
Two brainstorming ideas, not necessarily vetted for policy compliance:
  • Would the other stake be willing to give you an out-of-unit member calling in order to allow you to see the directories of the wards in the other stake? Would that even give you sufficient access to the directory?
  • Would someone in the other stake be willing to print the directories for their wards to PDF files, ZIP the PDF files into a password-protected ZIP file, and email the encrypted ZIP file to you every couple/few months? (That assumes the parents of the YSA members change addresses a lot less often than do the YSAmembers themselves.)

Return to “Membership Help”