Duty to God progress lost

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
missystowell

Duty to God progress lost

Post by missystowell »

My son went to the online Duty to God where he has recorded all of his progress for the past 4 years only to find that everything is gone. I had another son login and he, too, found that all of his progress is lost. Please advise!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Duty to God progress lost

Post by russellhltn »

Try again late Tuesday or Wednesday. Things like this tend to happen when a server goes down. It may not get worked on until normal working hours, Utah time.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Where did he record his progress at LDS.org? Personal Progress has online tracking, but I don't think Duty to God does.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

LDS.org does have support for young men to enter plans, goals and notes related to Duty to God (https://www.lds.org/young-men/duty-to-g ... t?lang=eng). The difference from Personal Progress is that the information entered is not visible to leaders. It is only for the young man himself.
sterlingstowell

Post by sterlingstowell »

I've checked a few times in the past 24 hours, but still none of my boys' progress in Duty to God is showing up. (I don't know if these incidents are related, but they used to access their Duty to God from the "Quick Links" on the lds.org homepage. Now that link is gone so they accessed it from "Youth" under "Families and Individuals." )
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

This forum is mainly user-to-user support – your best bet would probably be to send a message to the LDS.org team using the Feedback link at the bottom of LDS.org – hopefully the data can be recovered. Report back if you hear anything!
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
missystowell

Post by missystowell »

As suggested, I've been trying to submit feedback directly to lds.org from the feedback link at the bottom of the page, but I don't think it's working. When I click on "submit," nothing happens. I've tried several times over the past couple of days. Any suggestions? I'm stumped.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

missystowell wrote:As suggested, I've been trying to submit feedback directly to lds.org from the feedback link at the bottom of the page, but I don't think it's working. When I click on "submit," nothing happens. I've tried several times over the past couple of days. Any suggestions? I'm stumped.
You might want to try another browser or another computer. Or at minimum, clear the browser history.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
missystowell

Post by missystowell »

After submitting feedback through lds.org, I received the following reply this morning: "Thank you for contacting us. This is a known issue and is being worked on. We are hopeful that everything will be restored soon. Please check back in a week. We appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience." We'll just hold tight and keep checking back. Thanks, everyone, for your suggestions!
missystowell

Post by missystowell »

I am happy to report that the Duty to God progress has been restored. All entries in my boys' accounts are showing up again. :)

Return to “Main Church Website”