Out of Unit youth and Primary?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
mackenone

Out of Unit youth and Primary?

Post by mackenone »

I'm a clerk for a ward that serves as a companion ward to a Spanish Branch. The branch has its own sacrament meeting, RS and Priesthood and all their youth and primary are joined with ours.

When a youth from the branch receives a calling (ie Deacon's quorum councilor) I move their record into the ward as an out-of-unit member.

Here's the question: should I move all the youth from the Spanish Branch into our ward as out-of-unit members to add them to our youth and primary roll lists?
My Stake Clerk was not sure so I thought I'd ask here.

...ken
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Out of Unit youth and Primary?

Post by lajackson »

mackenone wrote:Here's the question: should I move all the youth from the Spanish Branch into our ward as out-of-unit members to add them to our youth and primary roll lists?
That is a lot of moving that has to be manually accomplished and later undone. It would work, but we prefer with our overlay units just to work with both to print two of everything from each unit and trade lists at presidency meetings, since we have leaders from both units in each organization.

Although each unit then has two lists, they also have a complete record of everyone involved.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Out of Unit youth and Primary?

Post by sbradshaw »

For the case of youth and primary roll lists, I think it's better to add the leaders (Primary, Young Men, and Young Women presidency members) as out-of-unit members so they can access both lists – not the youth and children themselves. Attendance for each of the two units will need to be reported separately, so it's easier to keep the rolls separate. Also, adding the leaders as out-of-unit members makes it so parents can easily see the leaders and contact them from either unit.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Membership Help”