3 Counselor in Primary how to get them permissions

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
luskmf

3 Counselor in Primary how to get them permissions

Post by luskmf »

Called 3rd counselor in Primary Presidency custom calling used and set a part but has no permissions to do anything in the system. How do get them the permission to use system.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: 3 Counselor in Primary how to get them permissions

Post by russellhltn »

Once you go beyond the handbook, there is no way. I'll lay odds that if this gets to the regional authority, the word will come back: release the third counselor. At least that's what's been reported in the past.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
waynecooke

Post by waynecooke »

If the Prophet can have a third (and fourth) counselor, why not a Ward Primary?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

waynecooke wrote:If the Prophet can have a third (and fourth) counselor, why not a Ward Primary?
  • As near as I can figure, we haven't had a third counselor in the First Presidency in 47 years.
  • If the workload is too great, quorums and auxiliaries can be split, even wards can be divided. There's no presidence for a Second Presidency.
  • The question needs to be directed to the Priesthood department as they are the only ones that can authorize the developers to make the system work with a third counselor.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

If your Primary is too large, I'd recommend splitting it, as russellhltn mentions above. For example, you could split it into a Junior Primary and a Senior Primary with a presidency for each. I believe the split option is available for Primary in Leader and Clerk Resources, like it is for other organizations, but someone will need to verify.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

LCR does not allow you to split a Primary.

You cannot split a high priests group. (See Handbook 2, 7.1.2: Melchizedek Priesthood Quorums.) "In each ward, high priests are organized in a high priests group."

You can split an elders quorum. (See Handbook 2, 7.1.2: Melchizedek Priesthood Quorums.) "Each ward has one or more elders quorums."

You can split a Relief Society. (See Handbook 2, 9.9.1: More Than One Relief Society in a Ward.) "Under special circumstances, the bishop and stake president may authorize that more than one Relief Society be created in a ward."

You cannot split the Young Men organization, but you can split the quorums.

You cannot split the Young Women organization, but you can split the classes.

You cannot split the Sunday School organization, but you can split the classes.

You cannot split the Primary organization, but you can split the classes. (See Handbook 2, 11.7.)
waynecooke

Post by waynecooke »

"If the workload is too great, quorums and auxiliaries can be split, even wards can be divided. There's no presidence for a Second Presidency."

I didn't say anything about creating a second presidency, just more help for the one that exists now, as in my example in the First Presidency. Also, just because it hasn't happened n 47 years, that doesn't mean it couldn't happen tomorrow. There is the precedent for it.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

waynecooke wrote:I didn't say anything about creating a second presidency, just more help for the one that exists now, as in my example in the First Presidency.
If you decide to add a third counselor, there isn't a way for you to grant LCR permissions to that counselor.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”