account for husband and account for wife on same computer

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
davidrdaniels

account for husband and account for wife on same computer

Post by davidrdaniels »

My husband and I both have an LDS Account. I bring up LDS.org and get to my account. My husbands name comes up to sign in.(we make our donations with his account) That works fine. But I can not change over to my account so that I can get on Family Search. Can you help me?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: account for husband and account for wife on same computer

Post by russellhltn »

When you go to the sign-in page and his account comes up, simply overwrite it with your account name. At least that's the way I've seen browsers work. (This is a browser issue, not a lds.org issue.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

There is a browser setting (under Tools or Internet on my browser) that determines whether your browser remembers logins and passwords. If you set it not to remember, you should be presented with a blank screen each time. Then either of you will be able to sign in without needing to delete the other's information. It is a personal preference that you would set depending on how much each of you use the Internet.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

If multiple family members share the same computer, such as a Windows PC, then perhaps they should login to Windows using different Windows accounts. If they do so, they will have separate Windows profiles, and their browsers will have separately managed password lists. It is even more important to isolate Windows accounts when one or more family members has a leadership calling, and need to keep their email and documents confidential.
By the way, the first thing I did when I was called as ward clerk was to create my own personal Windows account on the ward admin computer.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

drepouille wrote:It is even more important to isolate Windows accounts when one or more family members has a leadership calling, and need to keep their email and documents confidential.
By the way, the first thing I did when I was called as ward clerk was to create my own personal Windows account on the ward admin computer.
Keep in mind that anyone who has local admin rights to the computer can still see everything in everyone's profile. It may help prevent accidental discovery, but it's not secure.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”