Copy to my calendar

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
JasonWatts

Copy to my calendar

Post by JasonWatts »

I'm looking for some instructional information on the "Copy to my calendar" feature in the LDS Tools app.

When I select the option and hit add nothing seems to happen. To what calendar is it supposed to add? A google calendar or an LDS calendar?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Copy to my calendar

Post by russellhltn »

Which OS are you running LDS Tools on?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
JasonWatts

Post by JasonWatts »

IOS 10.3.3 on an IPad
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Moved to the appropriate sub-section.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

It should copy the event to the built-in iOS Calendar app, assigning it to whichever calendar is set as default. Do you have any calendars set up in the Calendar app?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
JasonWatts

Post by JasonWatts »

Is there anyway to make it interact with google calendar in stead of IOS Calendar?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

No, but it's pretty easy to add your Google calendars to the iOS Calendar app:
https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-sync-go ... ar-1172187
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It's pretty easy to add the church calendar as a layer in your Google calendar. It's all done from Google, no settings in your iPhone. I'm not sure if it's still the case, but it used to be that was how you got the calendar on a Android.

Help Center: Calendar Settings and Sync

falcon771

Post by falcon771 »

JasonWatts wrote:I'm looking for some instructional information on the "Copy to my calendar" feature in the LDS Tools app.

When I select the option and hit add nothing seems to happen. To what calendar is it supposed to add? A google calendar or an LDS calendar?
In iOS, if you are just copying one event to your calendar app, once you tap Copy to My Calendar, another 'bubble' will pop up, that also says, Copy to My Calendar. If you tap that, your default calendar app will open a new screen allowing you to edit the event and calendar details. Tapping Add will then add it to your calendar app.

I do suggest you use the instructions already provided to sync your LDS calendar with whatever calendar app you are using. I have been using the Google calendar, and all the updates are automatic. And it also keeps up with all the calendars I am subscribed to.
swilde1

Post by swilde1 »

falcon771 wrote:
JasonWatts wrote:I'm looking for some instructional information on the "Copy to my calendar" feature in the LDS Tools app.

In iOS, if you are just copying one event to your calendar app, once you tap Copy to My Calendar, another 'bubble' will pop up, that also says, Copy to My Calendar. If you tap that, your default calendar app will open a new screen allowing you to edit the event and calendar details. Tapping Add will then add it to your calendar app.

I do suggest you use the instructions already provided to sync your LDS calendar with whatever calendar app you are using. I have been using the Google calendar, and all the updates are automatic. And it also keeps up with all the calendars I am subscribed to.
That’s the problem for me - the bubble does not appear. Maybe I need to give iCal permission to access lds tools or visa versa but I don’t know how. I did subscribe to the lds tools calendar but that puts Everything on my calendar - too much.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”