App always plays the Gen Conference video instead of the Audio

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
agentgrizzley

App always plays the Gen Conference video instead of the Audio

Post by agentgrizzley »

I use a Ford F-150 with the Sync system to connect to my phone via Bluetooth, so I can listen to conference talks in the car. The problem is, every time I pause it or get a phone call, when the stream starts again, it will always play the video. If I've listened to like 3-4 talks just the audio in a row, it will actually go back and play the video for the first talk the next time it pauses then plays.

Anybody else had this issue?

It feels like something has changed in the iPhone or the App and that makes the video the default played item on the page.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: App always plays the Gen Conference video instead of the Audio

Post by sbradshaw »

Manually pausing then playing via the control center while listening to a conference talk will cause the same thing to happen (not only when you're connected to your car's Bluetooth) – this is scheduled to be fixed in Gospel Library 4.2.0. Hopefully 4.2.0 comes soon!
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
agentgrizzley

Post by agentgrizzley »

Thanks. Yeah, I've had that issue, too, now that you mention it.

Waiting for 4.2.0 :/
weselj@gmail.com

Post by weselj@gmail.com »

Yes. I have the same problem. It's not only for General Conference, but also occurs in lessons that include video supplements.

I am using AirPods as the audio source. When I am listening to Gospel Library audio, then pause it, when I try to resume it either using the AirPods, Control Center, or the lock screen controls, it starts playing the video.
grosven

Post by grosven »

This is also driving me nuts :) Please fix, please fix, please fix!
Fogtboat

Post by Fogtboat »

Started happening a few months ago. Drives me nuts.
I wish gospel library worked like audible. When I listen to audible it stops and the automatically restarts (such as after a call or in my drive home) flawlessly 95% of the time. Gospel library almost always requires manual restart and override. I guess you get what you pay for.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”