Two-factor authentication backup codes

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
phinjensen

Two-factor authentication backup codes

Post by phinjensen »

I just set up two-factor authentication with an authentication app (FreeOTP). I was really happy to see that that was an option, but once it was all set up, I was disappointed to see that I wasn't given any backup codes, which means I don't have a way to verify my account if I lose my phone or lose the data from the authentication app. Other websites I've used that support an two-factor authentication have those backup codes, and they've been really handy when I've factory reset my phone and forgotten to backup FreeOTP. So I think it's pretty important that backup codes are implemented, unless there's some other decent solution I don't know of.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Two-factor authentication backup codes

Post by sbradshaw »

Currently the best option I can think of is to add more than one second-factor authentication method to your account.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Church Account”