Ward abbreviations

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
bjquinn

Ward abbreviations

Post by bjquinn »

It appears that there's been a recent change to LCR to support changing the ward abbreviations (in MLS: Edit -> System Options -> Unit -> Wards/Branches -> Edit, in LCR: Other -> Unit Settings -> Wards -> Edit icon). This shows up in quarterly reports in LCR, and also when doing custom reports in MLS.

We have a new(ish) ward that nobody thought about setting the abbreviation for. LCR and MLS both came up with different default abbreviations, and it's been that way for a year or so. I went to MLS to change the abbreviation, and it redirected me to LCR. So I went to LCR and successfully edited the abbreviation. The new abbreviation shows up properly on quarterly reports in LCR. However, 3 days and 3 send/receives later in MLS, and I still have MLS's default abbreviation, and apparently no ability to edit the abbreviation within MLS, so our custom reports don't use the proper abbreviation (that's all I think anybody uses MLS for anymore...)

Any suggestions?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Ward abbreviations

Post by russellhltn »

bjquinn wrote:Any suggestions?
Try doing a sync in MLS, then edit the abbreviations in LCR and do another MLS sync in fairly quick succession.

Wild theory: The abbreviations are part of a bigger chunk of data that gets synced. If there's data in MLS that needs to go to CHQ, it may "overrule" the sync coming down from LCR to MLS. My suggestion is based on the idea that there will be no change in MLS that needs to go "up" so it will be open to what's coming "down".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Requesting a unit data refresh in MLS should resolve this.
bjquinn

Post by bjquinn »

Thanks for the suggestion about requesting the unit data refresh. I tried that and allowed for several send/receive cycles over the past couple weeks. Abbreviation change still hasn't taken.

Also tried the "bigger chunk of data" theory as well, no dice.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

So, what does the abbreviations in MLS look like now? Are they correct (and out of sync with LCR), or does it match LCR?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bjquinn

Post by bjquinn »

LCR is correct. MLS has what appears to be some default abbreviation and is out of sync with LCR.
bjquinn

Post by bjquinn »

I've tried all of the above, and now let the issue go several more cycles but it hasn't yet resolved. Is there something else I can try?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd suggest contacting Local Unit Support.

bjquinn

Post by bjquinn »

Ok, I'll try that, thanks!

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”