Help on Update Family Name in Mobile App

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
utahpow

Help on Update Family Name in Mobile App

Post by utahpow »

I have a family in our ward whose family name is being displayed properly in the MLS, however, in LDS Tools has the husband's mother's maiden's name being displayed as his and his wife's last name.

I cannot find a number for US Membership to request a correction. Please direct me to the best place.

Thank you -
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Help on Update Family Name in Mobile App

Post by russellhltn »

Most likely it is the "Household" name that is incorrect. It can be fixed in MLS or LCR by a clerk.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Specifically the clerk needs to find the member profile of one of the household members in LCR (using the Member List for instance), click on the Household tab and then click Edit Household Name. The household name doesn't show up in LCR unless you click the edit button.
utahpow

Post by utahpow »

Thank you. I needed to call HQ and get the update made. It was only on the LDS Tools side and not in the MLS.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

barl0w wrote:Thank you. I needed to call HQ and get the update made. It was only on the LDS Tools side and not in the MLS.
I've never heard of a name that only shows up in LDS Tools. It's in MLS and LCR, but not always easy to find.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”