LDS Tools App Stuck "downloading"

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
BubbaBollinger

LDS Tools App Stuck "downloading"

Post by BubbaBollinger »

My wife has reported issues logging in, so last night I reset her password and tried logging in with her account. It wouldn't work. This morning I was able to successfully login to lds.org with her credentials, so then I tried logging in to LDS Tools (IOS app) and it doesn't get past the "Downloading This may take a couple of minutes, depending on your connection," screen. It shows no progress on the download circle.

Has anyone else encountered this issue, and did you figure out a work around?
Thanks!
BubbaBollinger

Re: LDS Tools App Stuck "downloading"

Post by BubbaBollinger »

*by the way, I tried this on my iphone and hers - same result.
terster2003

Post by terster2003 »

Did you ever get this resolved? My husband's LDS tools account is doing the same thing.
pekarcik

Post by pekarcik »

Same here.

Bump
BubbaBollinger

Post by BubbaBollinger »

So I think I found the root of her problem, but no solution. If I log in as her via a browser and go to her "Membership" - it will not accept her record number...
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

BubbaBollinger wrote:So I think I found the root of her problem, but no solution. If I log in as her via a browser and go to her "Membership" - it will not accept her record number...
Two possibilities: The MRN is written down wrong (temple recommends can be incorrect), or she has another account with her MRN that she's forgotten about. In the first case, she should ask the membership clerk for a IOS. That will list the MRN direct from the computer. In the second case, at the login screen, select the "forgot username" and choose the MRN option to recover the account name. You'll also be given an option to reset the password if that's forgotten as well.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BubbaBollinger

Post by BubbaBollinger »

So turns out that the username my wife was trying to use was different than the one associated with her MRN. I'm not sure how it happened, but when I "forgot username" for her and entered her record number it gave me a different username than the one she had been trying to use. Then I reset her password, and it wouldn't accept it, so then I cleared the history of my browser, re-entered the new password, and got it. I just tested it on my device and it downloaded successfully!

So to sum up:
1. "Forgot username" (used MRN)
2. "Forgot Password" (used MRN and birthdate)
3. Created a new password
4. Logged in using the username provided in step 1.

Upon reflection, this seems too simple a solution...not sure how I missed it before.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

BubbaBollinger wrote:Then I reset her password, and it wouldn't accept it, so then I cleared the history of my browser, re-entered the new password, and got it.
Thanks for the feedback.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”