Cannot see our missionary in online donations dropdown for our new ward

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
johnshaw

Re: Cannot see our missionary in online donations dropdown for our new ward

Post by johnshaw »

russellhltn wrote:
johnshaw wrote:I thought this moved online years ago, is that not the case anymore?
If the transfer of responsibility was put on-line, I'm not aware of it. It might have happened, but I can't remember it being mentioned here.

Although, given that this affects two units, I suspect CHQ may want to be the arbitrator of the final transaction - the on-line system would be only a request to make changes.
Whether one calls the Finance Department/Missionary Department (to request a change), send a message using MLS (to request a change), isn't CHQ the arbitrator of the final transaction?

I did a quick forum search, "transfer missionary online bishop" and found many conversations saying this can be done using the online system - as I recall from when it was instituted only the Bishop had access to it.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

johnshaw wrote:I did a quick forum search, "transfer missionary online bishop" and found many conversations saying this can be done using the online system - as I recall from when it was instituted only the Bishop had access to it.
I input that phrase into the forum's search and came back with a number of threads:
  • bballrob indicated it could be done in this post but when questioned by jdlessley, there was no answer.
  • dalbabes asked the question here, but never got a response.
  • nathangg raised questions in this thread, to which lajackson replied that only works until the application is submitted. It doesn't work during the mission.
The other posts didn't seem to address this specific issue. What posts am I missing?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

It sounds from the post by bballrob that the bishop who is currently responsible for funding can go into MORS and initiate a transfer to the new bishop. Once the sending bishop has done that, the new bishop goes into MORS and accepts the transfer.

If that works, great. And if it doesn't, you can always call the Missionary Department and let them do it for you.

Return to “Online Donations”