We Accidental Pulled Someone's Membership Record

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Rmorain2

We Accidental Pulled Someone's Membership Record

Post by Rmorain2 »

We accidentally pulled a record from a branch in Chile (A girl moved in who had the same birthday). We haven't received a response from the branch president there so I don't think he checks his email. Anyways, Bishop wants me to move her records back to the ward she came from. I've tried calling the church service number but they always tell me they are closed.

Does anyone know anyway to solve this problem without calling Salt Lake? If not, what are the hours that I can call the church to resolve this issue?

Thanks!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: We Accidental Pulled Someone's Membership Record

Post by jdlessley »

Since you do not have her prior address you cannot just send it back to the prior unit. The prior unit clerk can request the record back or you can send it back as long as you get the prior address from the prior unit clerk. To contact the prior unit clerk look at the member's record in LCR and you will see the Prior Unit. Click the unit name link and you will see contact information for the bishop. Click the View in CDOL button to view the contact information for the prior unit clerk.

The prior unit clerk may not know the address unless he is familiar with the member or has some record outside the church records. He may, however, have other members in the unit or even family members who can provide the address.

Brush up on your Spanish.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: We Accidental Pulled Someone's Membership Record

Post by russellhltn »

Rmorain2 wrote:Does anyone know anyway to solve this problem without calling Salt Lake? If not, what are the hours that I can call the church to resolve this issue?
You might try "Special request" (I'm not sure if it's in LCR, but it's in MLS) and say something like "restore to prior unit - record moved by mistake."

Otherwise, you can find the hours here: Support Contact Information for U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”