TOOLS AND SUPPORT < LUFAS (Local Unit Financial Auditing System) : Auto-save (Data Loss) ERROR

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
bsaunders8

TOOLS AND SUPPORT < LUFAS (Local Unit Financial Auditing System) : Auto-save (Data Loss) ERROR

Post by bsaunders8 »

FYI -

On the updated LUFAS graphical user interface (GUI), the auto-save feature which occurs continuously during data entry - constantly erases/loses previously completed text in text field(s) on the interface/webpage, and at the same time often would log out of LUFAS.

On SEVERAL occasions I lost the majority of the text I typed into a text field - and had to recreate the text from the audit materials in front of me - either when the page finally decided to refresh, or after was forced to log in again!

There is the risk that the audits currently being performed will experience data loss during/after the audit is completed (due to how the LUFAS GUI/webpage is rendering while the audit is being completed online).

Unfortunately, it appears that this upgrade to the LUFAS interface was rushed through use case/user acceptance testing.

On one occasion, I went to review the audit in its entirety with the Bishop, after I "completed" the audit (this is why I mentioned use cases previously, b/c I went ahead and "re-opened the audit in order to view all of the data entered for the audit to review with the Bishop - just in case of the need to update risk question responses, etc.) - and in the process noticed that more than half of the Tithes and Offerings audit information was deleted!

(I don't recall, but I believe I was performing the audit in a Firefox browser). Since LUFAS does not appear to have any "click here to share feedback" links - I'm hoping this will at least be seen by a church employee/developer.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: TOOLS AND SUPPORT < LUFAS (Local Unit Financial Auditing System) : Auto-save (Data Loss) ERROR

Post by jdlessley »

bsaunders8 wrote:Since LUFAS does not appear to have any "click here to share feedback" links - I'm hoping this will at least be seen by a church employee/developer.
It is not likely this thread will be seen by a developer or anyone with authority to take action. Even though LUFAS does not have a feedback link you can submit feedback through the LDS.org feedback link for the LUFAS issue.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Domnan

Re: TOOLS AND SUPPORT < LUFAS (Local Unit Financial Auditing System) : Auto-save (Data Loss) ERROR

Post by Domnan »

The church auditing system is temporarily down. Any help
anokyelordowusu

Post by anokyelordowusu »

I am a ward clerk and i don't know where to get to sign in to the LUFAS, can you help me?
Domnan

Post by Domnan »

The website is audit.lds.org
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Domnan wrote:The website is audit.lds.org
I don't have access by my calling any longer, but the current link is audit.churchofjesuschrist.org. If you enter audit.lds.org, it should redirect to the correct address but who knows how long that will happen.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

anokyelordowusu wrote:I am a ward clerk and i don't know where to get to sign in to the LUFAS ...
Ironically, as the ward clerk, I do not have access and get the "User has no valid assignments for this application" error message. Only our assistant ward clerk - finance has access for the clerks.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

jdlessley wrote:
anokyelordowusu wrote:I am a ward clerk and i don't know where to get to sign in to the LUFAS ...
Ironically, as the ward clerk, I do not have access and get the "User has no valid assignments for this application" error message. Only our assistant ward clerk - finance has access for the clerks.
That sounds like a bug to me. I'm no longer the ward clerk, but it was my understanding the ward clerk had all access for everything assistant clerks had access to. Assistant clerks are not a required calling so in a case where a small unit only had a ward/branch clerk, how would they do the audit?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

jdlessley wrote:
anokyelordowusu wrote:Ironically, as the ward clerk, I do not have access and get the "User has no valid assignments for this application" error message. Only our assistant ward clerk - finance has access for the clerks.
Maybe it's changed since the beginning of the year but when I was a finance clerk I didn't have access. There was a time a few years ago when, as a finance clerk or ward clerk (I'm not sure which one now), I did have access but all I could access was a PDF of the audit form. That was nice though so that I could at least review the audit questions before the audit. But that access was removed last I knew.

Neither a finance clerk or ward clerk needs to access the audit site for the audit. The auditor enters most of the information. The bishop enters any corrective actions for exceptions and signs the audit. There isn't anything for the clerk to enter. It would be nice if they had read-only access to see the results of the audit, especially if they have corrective actions they are responsible for. But I don't think they do. The Help Center says that clerks do not have access.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I haven't asked our finance clerk if he still has access. The last time I did was in 2016. So I guess it is not important for a clerk, who has responsibility for ensuring proper procedure is followed, to know what procedures will be questioned in the audit. I personally don't worry about the questions because of my constant exposure to questions and issues raised in these forums. I also try to keep up with the changes in the information in the General Handbook and the Help Center articles.
JD Lessley

Return to “Main Church Website”