Changing donation category

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
ftrovato

Changing donation category

Post by ftrovato »

I am the financial clerk for my ward. I accidentally submitted a contribution to Fast Offerings instead of Tithing. How do I go about fixing it in the MLS system?
eblood66

Re: Changing donation category

Post by eblood66 »

In MLS, select Finance > View/Update Donations, find the appropriate donation batch and click the link. Find the donation in the batch and then edit the amounts in the category. It will ask you for the reason and offer to re-print the batch report (which you should then file with the documentation for the batch).
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

This can also be done from Leader and Clerk Resources. (I'm on the LCR Finance beta. If you don't see this capability, it is coming soon for you.)

To make the change in LCR:
Choose Finance from the membership menu (if you aren't already in LCR Finance)
Choose Donations from the finance menu
Find the donation batch with the donation to be adjusted and click on the date to view the batch
Find the slip to be adjusted and click on the member's name to view the slip
Click the Adjust Donation button above the slip
Make the adjustments as instructed and save the slip
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

scgallafent wrote:This can also be done from Leader and Clerk Resources. (I'm on the LCR Finance beta. If you don't see this capability, it is coming soon for you.)
This capability is currently available and has been available for a number of weeks.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Local Unit Finance”