Audio Narrator/Text mismatch - BOM

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

rolandmallapre

Audio Narrator/Text mismatch - BOM

Post by rolandmallapre »

Hi,

Tried to search in the forum if anyone noticed this.

Text: Jacob 2:11 Wherefore, I must tell you the truth according to the plainness of the word of God...
Audio: Wherefore, I must tell you the truth concerning the plainness of the word of God...
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Audio Narrator/Text mismatch - BOM

Post by lajackson »

rolandmallapre wrote:Text: Jacob 2:11 Wherefore, I must tell you the truth according to the plainness of the word of God...
Audio: Wherefore, I must tell you the truth concerning the plainness of the word of God...
Only the male voice. The female voice gets it right. (No further comment here [smile] ).

I recommend you send feedback through the Gospel Library app. The developers will get it most quickly that way.
rolandmallapre

Post by rolandmallapre »

Thank you :) Tried to, but whenever i click the send feedback button, it just opens a blank page (google chrome).
My Gospel Library Version is 4.0.1.0 running on windows 10 desktop.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Not sure this is applicable to the app, but with a plain website a lot of strange problems can be solved by doing two things. In fact, the second has been the most common first response when I have reported a problem with lds.org: 1) Do shift-control-R rather than the simpler control-R to force the page to reload the JS and CSS and not only the HTML; 2) Close the browser, bring up a fresh browser window, delete all cookies, clear the browser cache, close the browser. For good measure, and in case something got left behind, I sometimes will do the second step two or three times.
rolandmallapre

Post by rolandmallapre »

Okay. Thank you :) Will try that. And just so you know, when i click the "send feedback" link under the "about" section of the app, it simply opens my browser (google chrome), nothing is on the address bar and it's not showing that it's loading any page. My Gospel Library Version is 4.0.1.0 running on windows 10 desktop.
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

Text: Jacob 2:11 Wherefore, I must tell you the truth according to the plainness of the word of God...
For the record, content issues like these aren't able to be resolved by the developers of the Windows app, as we develop the app and not the content provided in it.
Okay. Thank you :) Will try that. And just so you know, when i click the "send feedback" link under the "about" section of the app, it simply opens my browser (google chrome), nothing is on the address bar and it's not showing that it's loading any page. My Gospel Library Version is 4.0.1.0 running on windows 10 desktop.
See my response to someone else having the same problem with Chrome here:

http://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php ... 61#p173261
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ToManyLetters wrote:For the record, content issues like these aren't able to be resolved by the developers of the Windows app, as we develop the app and not the content provided in it.
Would it be too rash to assume you have the email for the content people so it can be passed on?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

First, I reported the issue last evening to make sure they were aware of the problem. The report has been acknowledged . . .
ToManyLetters wrote:For the record, content issues like these aren't able to be resolved by the developers
. . .and passed on to the content folks as I requested.
rolandmallapre wrote:And just so you know, when i click the "send feedback" link under the "about" section of the app, it simply opens my browser (google chrome), nothing is on the address bar and it's not showing that it's loading any page.
Some versions of the app open the mail client on the device with a preaddressed draft email and troubleshooting files attached.
russellhltn wrote:Would it be too rash to assume you have the email for the content people so it can be passed on?
The developer folks are more than happy to forward content issues to the content folks, and to reply that they have done so. Because I have seen content issues fixed, I am confident that they do forward them on.
rolandmallapre

Post by rolandmallapre »

Thanks guys :) I came here because the "send feedback" button didn't work on my computer.

I just read the link ToManyLetters shared, thanks. I think that should resolve the button issue. Will try it later.
rolandmallapre

Post by rolandmallapre »

And it did work! just tried it. My default app for email was set to google chrome. I changed it to Windows Mail. The "send feedback" button works now. Thanks again!

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”