User Name Not Recognized on FamilySearch

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
rajahbeetle

User Name Not Recognized on FamilySearch

Post by rajahbeetle »

I signed up and verified. When i sign in it says "not a registered user" THEN I ask it to tell me my user name and it GIVES ME THE EXACT NAME I JUST TRIED TO SIGN IN WITH! So then i try and recover the password... but when I enter the USERNAME IT JUST GAVE ME, IT SAYS THAT IT IS NOT A REGISTERED USER. This is beyond frustrating. I dont understand how... but it let me sign into this forum... which makes NO SENSE. what the heck is going on?
rajahbeetle

Re: User Name Not Recognized on FamilySearch

Post by rajahbeetle »

Sorry for all the caps. I was totally frustrated at the time.
thelucyshow

Post by thelucyshow »

I have exactly the same problem and have been round the user name recovery thing twice. very frustrating!
mjjacobus

Post by mjjacobus »

I am in the same boat and am spinning around in the same circles.
paula123u

Post by paula123u »

Same here! Going in circles!
lfloodeen

Post by lfloodeen »

Same. I wonder if there's some sort of glitch in Family Search, since it's happening to all of us on the same day?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

There have been server issues at intervals all week long with the SSO servers. At best I can tell you to try again. I experienced temporary sign on problems at least three times but waited the longest of 30 minutes before being successful. The shortest was but a minute or two.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Church Account”