Access Denied in directory

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
shaunacardon

Access Denied in directory

Post by shaunacardon »

I am signed into my LDS.org account, but every time I try to access the directory it tells me "Access Denied". Additionally, I have recently been called as a seminary supervisor and I am trying to access the WISE seminary website, but I get the same "Access Denied" error. I believe my account is corrupt. How can I resolve this problem? I have reset my password several times to now avail.

Thank you,
Shauna Cardon
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Access Denied in directory

Post by rmrichesjr »

It's likely you will need to have your ward clerk contact the Global Support Center to resolve this. First, there are a few more pieces of information that I think will likely be helpful in solving this:

1) When you are signed in, at http://www.lds.org, in the upper right-hand corner, do you see "My Account and Ward" and then your name? If not, you're not really signed in. IIUC, that will need to be solved before proceeding to next steps.

2) Can you access things like Account Settings, My Family Tree (assuming you have visited familysearch.org), Patriarchal Blessing, Calendar, Donations, and Ward Map? Please make notes on which of those work and which do not. That could help the GSC figure out exactly where the problem is.

3) Are you sure your new calling is properly registered in the system? Your ward clerk should be able to verify what calling is registered for you in the system. If it is not registered, that will need to be solved before you can access any seminary stuff. If the clerk who entered your new calling made it a custom calling, it will probably not help you get access to seminary stuff. IIUC, your calling must be registered as a standard calling for that to work.

Disclaimer: Some of the above is partially speculation on my part as to what information might be useful and how things work. If somebody more knowledgeable contradicts what I have written, please believe them, not me.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

First and foremost, I don't think you have your Membership Record Number (MRN) associated with your account. Without that MRN, the system won't know who you are. Consequently, I thinks your're some random non-member. That has to be fixed FIRST and it will most likely fix all the other issues.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
shaunacardon

Post by shaunacardon »

Hi, thanks for the replies. I checked the upper right-hand corner and it does indeed show my name. So I know I am signed in as me. Also, I am able to access Account Settings, My Family Tree, Patriarchal Blessing, but not the Directory, Calendar, Donations or Ward Map. Interestingly enough, when I try to access Donations, it tells me that my MRN is not associated with my account. So, when I go to add my MRN to my account in Settings, it tells me that an account is already associated with my membership number. I'll check with my ward clerk and see if I can get it straightened out that way. Barring a fix, does anyone know of a technical support contact I can reach to try and resolve this issue?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

shaunacardon wrote:Interestingly enough, when I try to access Donations, it tells me that my MRN is not associated with my account.
Bingo!

shaunacardon wrote:So, when I go to add my MRN to my account in Settings, it tells me that an account is already associated with my membership number.
The usual message is that the MRN is either incorrect or associated with another account. If you're looking at your MRN on your temple recommend, it could be wrong. I'd suggest asking the clerk for your "IOS" to get a definitive listing of your MRN.

You can also try the "forgot username" link at the sign-in screen and use the MRN option to recover the username of the other account. Odds are it's an account you set up for something else a long time ago and forgot about.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jealous

Post by jealous »

I am Bro Elanda Everytime i signed into my LDS.org account I encountered this problem and every time I try to access the directory it tells me "Access Denied". Additionally, I am Stake Assistant Clerk of Cabanatuan we need to finish some reports in my account and I am trying to access the LCR I get the same "Access Denied" error. How can I resolve this problem? Do I need to reset my password several times?

Thank you,
Jealous Elanda
Stake Assistant Clerk
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jealous wrote:I am Bro Elanda Everytime i signed into my LDS.org account I encountered this problem and every time I try to access the directory it tells me "Access Denied". Additionally, I am Stake Assistant Clerk of Cabanatuan we need to finish some reports in my account and I am trying to access the LCR I get the same "Access Denied" error. How can I resolve this problem? Do I need to reset my password several times?
You're showing up as a member, so you should be able to see the directory - unless your records got moved out somehow.

Make sure you're using the current link to the directory and not an old bookmark.

rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

jealous wrote:I am Bro Elanda Everytime i signed into my LDS.org account I encountered this problem and every time I try to access the directory it tells me "Access Denied". ...
After you have signed in, when you go to the Church website main page, https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/?lang=eng (modulo 'lang' parameter), do you see your name under "My Account and Ward"? When you click on "My Account and Ward", do you see a 'Sign In' button in the menu, or do you see 'Sign Out'?

If you see 'Sign In', then you're not really signed in, and solving that is the direction to go.

If you see 'Sign Out', then you _are_ signed in, and the direction to go is to solve the reason why the directory and LCR don't allow you access. In that case, making sure your record is in the right ward/branch would be good to check. Also, make sure your callings are recorded as standard callings and not as custom callings.

Your ward/branch clerk and stake clerk can help with some of those checks since LCR is not allowing you access. Worst case, the Global Service Center should be able to solve the problem. If you're not able to get the phone number yourself, your stake clerk should be able to give it to you.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Oh, and clearing your browser's cache and deleting cookies might help. I seem to recall seeing reports that that has helped a few who had authentication/access difficulties.

Return to “Church Account”